Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig MPX 16in Barrel conversion

I fell into the hype of the MPX when it was first released years ago. Gen 1 with a PSB and a 8in Barrel. Now that PCC is a thing I'm wondering if I can just barrel swap my MPX for a 16in barrel to avoid the tax stamp. My question is, does anyone know where I can find one? I see parts online but they are always out of stock. I'm strongly considering scrapping the whole gun just to start with something else. 

I'm kind of surprised no one has started developing MPX 'conversion' barrels with a standard thread pitch by now. 

3 hours ago, RSDelta said:

In Lead We Trust is making 16" barrels.  You can buy that plus a Lancer hand guard.   Springer Precision makes shrouds that can be pinned & welded to your 8" barrel.  

Nice. I'm gonna do that. except no pricing on the website

Just got off the phone with Sig:
16in Barrels are for the Gen 2 Uppers only. So I couldn't buy the barrel itself and put it on the gun. I was told I would have to buy a complete upper for $600 and put it on the gun. Or if I wanted to buy a barrel that wouldn't work with the gun, a Gen 2 16in barrel for $600

Sig sold me pretty good on this MPX when it first came out. Not sure if its exactly a 'bait and switch' but they def said whatever needed to sell the gun then didn't back it up. 

Only problem with the Sig upper is you're stuck with the 13.5" barrel and welded/pinned 3" long flash hider, with oddball left hand metric threads.

I would rather pay the $410 for the aftermarket 16.5" barrel with 1/2-28 threads and put whatever muzzlebrake, flash hider, or suppressor (I wish!) I wanted.

8 hours ago, Ming the Merciless said:

Only problem with the Sig upper is you're stuck with the 13.5" barrel and welded/pinned 3" long flash hider, with oddball left hand metric threads.

I would rather pay the $410 for the aftermarket 16.5" barrel with 1/2-28 threads and put whatever muzzlebrake, flash hider, or suppressor (I wish!) I wanted.

I wish we could shoot a Suppressed gun in PCC. 

Aftermarket barrel here I come.

On 4/3/2017 at 7:04 AM, RSDelta said:

In Lead We Trust is making 16" barrels.  You can buy that plus a Lancer hand guard.   Springer Precision makes shrouds that can be pinned & welded to your 8" barrel.  

The pricing for In Lead We Trust barrels:

$400 for a 14.5" barrel and gas block assembly

$410 for 16" version.

Both are 1/2 x 28 threaded, with gas ports at .060". Just take your gas tappet and valve and swap over.  I was thinking of doing this so I could run a comp.

6 hours ago, Dutchman195 said:

I wish we could shoot a Suppressed gun in PCC. 

Aftermarket barrel here I come.

That would be nice but the timer would have to be strapped to muzzle. It has a hard time picking up the shots as is. But yes it would be kick ass

1 hour ago, MrRick said:

That would be nice but the timer would have to be strapped to muzzle. It has a hard time picking up the shots as is. But yes it would be kick ass

I say that. But having 2 pistol cans and a MPX....I dont think they have been out of the safe since Jan last year.