Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Squading with better shooters

B_RAD

I usually shoot with friends, and all of them are pretty much way better than me, so the question gets settled by default for me.  Every once in a while I'll end up in a squad more like my own ability, and that's kinda fun.  Mostly though, I just want to shoot with friendly people who conduct themselves professionally and take care of business running the stages.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always try to squad with shooters who are in the same divison as me. (when I travel) when I shoot at my local range I tend to shoot with the same group of guys. all different divisions and skill levels. I try to shoot 4 uspsa matches a month. 

I usually squad with the same group of guys I met locally and there is a GM and an M among them. Most of the time it is good to see a different approach to stage plans though one must also shoot within one's abilities. I know it is not possible for me, at the moment, to shoot an activator then shoot a popper, two other targets and then shoot a max trap, I can get one other target now most of the time so plan accordingly.

I always try to squad with the best shooters, and luckily that often also leads to squadding with a few of my friends since they are GM’s. They have brought me along very quickly by virtue of their constant suggestions and corrections, as well as my own observations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk