Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Shadow 2 modifications

rowdyb

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Reekus said:

So who is going to lighten up their S2 slide now that you can possibly make them CO legal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ve built two under the old rules.  Easy now

Edited by eerw

I just changed out the trigger to the recurve one. It reduced the reach about 1.25mm in the DA position. Feels like it reduced the reach more than that. Didn’t have a noticeable effect on over travel since I didn’t have the original trigger adjusted to minimize it anyway. 

DDB3942A-EBA5-4143-8C56-A987BC8B13A5.jpeg

Is anyone using .100 wide Dawson sights? Was reading that the stock shadow 2 sights are .240" tall but also read that they were taller. Any got suggestions?

My 2 were 240. Not sure I have heard of other heights for them coming stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

My friend just installed the CZC reach reduction trigger in his S2 and said it definitely made a difference in reach for DA. SA slightly went up somehow due to the different disco. But he feels it's perfect now. I just ordered one today before they sold out.

CGW has a RRK as well and they're in the works to have one specifically for shadows with a new disco.

They're legal in Production starting May. I'd suggest those of us with short fingers to try it out.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

A friend of mine just sold me his like-new Black Shadow 2!  This thread has been very informative and I plan on setting my gun up like a lot of yours.  My CZ 75 Shadow SAO will have family!

On 2/17/2018 at 10:44 AM, HI5-O said:

Looks like in 3 months I can do the reduced reach trigger package and still be legal for Production. 

i installed this kit and its actually pretty nice. if you decide to do it make sure the upper screw to use loctite because mine backed out on me 

12 minutes ago, littlewing6283 said:

i installed this kit and its actually pretty nice. if you decide to do it make sure the upper screw to use loctite because mine backed out on me 

Also looking at the CZ Custom kit. 

Stock rear sight and just ordered a custom Dawson .240h x .125w.  My old eyes like less of a gap.  Yellow f/o from Brazos.

CGW 10 recoil spring, CGW 11.5 HS, CGW reduced trs, CZC extended fp and 2075 Rami fps.  I did not polish the internals, springs only!  DA 5.14 and SA 2.0.  Stock trigger.  CZC thin blue grips,  CGW floating trigger pin, CZC basepads.  I have the CZC RRK kit but will wait until May on the install if needed.  I got lucky.  I have on order a set of LOK thin full checkered G10s.  Depending on muzzle flip, might entertain an 8 or 9 recoil spring. 

Running ammo/primers reliability tests.  So far it has lit up everything (Fed, MagTech, Win, CCI) and I like the 135g Blue bullet from TNT with Win primers.  First match with it this weekend in Dothan.

i was running a 90 front sight. it was too narrow. i will probably be tempted to run a 100 and see what i think. a dawson 240 x 100 so i keep the stock height and just narrow it ever so slightly

Made a few changes to my Shadow 2 this week.

Changed out my Lok Palm swells to VZ palm swells. they are slightly thinner and actually fit my hand better.

put extended safety on right side

switched out extended mag release for a lower extended one (I'm a lefty was digging into my middle finger)

13 pound hammer spring extended firing pin and return spring.

gotta say this thing is shooting like a champ, I'm almost tempted to go to 11.5 pounds on the hammer spring but my gunsmith 

(who's a CZ guy) said shoot a couple of hundred rounds through it first , it will loosen up some. 

the SA pull is incredible now

at 35 feet today with the new parts in there. (2 inch dot)

35%20feet%20with%20new%20trigger%20sprin

mag  release (I'm used to using my index finger so I kept it on this side, i may go back to the stock one and flip to the right and see if I like it any better)

mag%20release1_zpsjjppqfu8.jpg

extended safety and new VZ grips

right%20sd%20safety_zpss9c9wg9e.jpg

rear view of the VZ's

vz%20grips%20rear_zps7l2dgtce.jpg

compared to the LOK grips

lok%20grips%201_zpswlfx85g8.jpg

with my tactical light and new  grips

vz%20grips_zps4oat0zne.jpg

I shot my buddy's Target II and surprisingly I like the Shadow 2 better, it's more lefty friendly and I didn't like the shape of the trigger

(so that saved me some money) LOL!

this gun is just amazing

Edited by kmanick

On 2/26/2018 at 12:27 PM, KzBoost said:

Is anyone using .100 wide Dawson sights? Was reading that the stock shadow 2 sights are .240" tall but also read that they were taller. Any got suggestions?

Went round and round with Dawson, what I ended up with now is .090x.230 for 85 combat with CZC (.118 notch or something like that) adjustable rear

I did have a .100x.205 at first and with the rear cranked all the way down to the last click, it did zero

Edited by gsc0tt

On 3/21/2018 at 8:05 PM, vnboileau said:

I'm about to order some S2 stuff myself.  Is there any difference in the hammer and stuff from CGW and CZ Custom?

CGW customer service is night and day when compared to CZC, I go CGW everytime now