Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Shadow 2 modifications

rowdyb

Shadow 2's are only shipping with the thin safeties here now. :( Have to buy the wide ones separately. The thin safeties are useless to run the gun cocked and locked for other sports I shoot in which is disappointing.

On the upside the gun groups well enough with my first loads, I am happy with the accuracy. It's way better than my 2 sp01's were.

The better group is at 25 yards, the other is 50 yards.

20171224_132530.jpg

20171224_132433.jpg

Edited by dansedgli

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one other spring I highly recommend changing is the firing pin spring, Robin Sebo sells the super super light ones that CZ put in the Canadian Shadowmates that we were getting for a few years from CZUB. No one else has those springs, not CZC not CGW. Robin doesn't even list them on his site, you have to message him and ask for them, but they are much lighter than the Rami ones everyone else sells. That make a huge difference with hard primers. 
I sent Robin an email just now. I'm running s&b spp and getting the occasional light strike with the CGW extended fp and their matching fp spring. I'm seating them as deep as possible with my 1050 so I don't think that's it. It's worth a try for the cost of a spring or two. Just picked up 20k sb spp from Cabela's on their sale so no turning back!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

you have to modify the Rami to have it work, the cut out where the slide goes isn't wide enough. I also had to weld a longer leg on the part that lifts when the mag follower hits it, and I filed the retaining notch open a bit more so the slide stop would sit better against the frame. 

2 hours ago, Matt1 said:

Why wouldn’t it be Production legal?

Appendix D4 (Production) rule 21.6

Any other components which are externally visible may ONLY be replaced with OFM parts which are offered on the specific model of gun or another approved gun from the same manufacturer except as specifically clarified below. Examples of external components which may only be replaced with OFM parts include (but are not limited to): magazine releases, slide stops, thumb safeties and triggers.

Since the S2 didn't ship with the 'pin', it can't be used in Production, even though it is provided with a factory (TSO) gun.

Edited by muncie21

9 hours ago, muncie21 said:

Appendix D4 (Production) rule 21.6

Any other components which are externally visible may ONLY be replaced with OFM parts which are offered on the specific model of gun or another approved gun from the same manufacturer except as specifically clarified below. Examples of external components which may only be replaced with OFM parts include (but are not limited to): magazine releases, slide stops, thumb safeties and triggers.

Since the S2 didn't ship with the 'pin', it can't be used in Production, even though it is provided with a factory (TSO) gun.

Is the TSO an "approved gun?"

19 hours ago, slavex said:

you have to modify the Rami to have it work, the cut out where the slide goes isn't wide enough. I also had to weld a longer leg on the part that lifts when the mag follower hits it, and I filed the retaining notch open a bit more so the slide stop would sit better against the frame. 

I didn't weld anything, but I think I may have filed the little nub so it would ride in the channel in the slide better. Mine sits off the frame about .010" though - I'm not sure what you mean by the "retaining notch" except maybe the notch on the long post where the retaining spring sits?

Edited by rhart123

27 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

For limited division yes, production- no.

Rule interpretation can be tricky. Since the wording is "or another approved gun" and not 'another approved production gun' I am not so sure about its meaning. Have they ever made a ruling concerning this general versus specific terminology?

6 hours ago, rhart123 said:

Rule interpretation can be tricky. Since the wording is "or another approved gun" and not 'another approved production gun' I am not so sure about its meaning. Have they ever made a ruling concerning this general versus specific terminology?

It's not tricky in this context, considering that phrase appears in the production appendix of the rulebook and the production division is the only division in which specific models are "approved" for use.  (Don't count CO since it piggybacks the production list).

7 hours ago, wtturn said:

It's not tricky in this context, considering that phrase appears in the production appendix of the rulebook and the production division is the only division in which specific models are "approved" for use.  (Don't count CO since it piggybacks the production list).

Looks like you're correct.

Anyone have any issue with their gun shooting left? Mine shoots about 2-3” left at 15 yards. I had to drift the sight to the point where it looks kind of dumb being far from centered. I guess this may be a good indication why they no longer provide the test target with the guns as they would have had to see this. 

Is anyone making a fully fully adjustable rear sight for the S2 yet? Seems like CZ would have upped the price $50 and included a fully adjustable rear sight. It is a gun that was designed for competition shooting after all...

After some polishing, and a few spring changes the trigger on my gun is already better than any of the original CZC Shadows that I owned in the past. The overall shoot-ability of the gun is incredible. Just a little disappointed with lack of a fully adjustable rear sight and the huge slide stop.  

Just my take after about 700 rounds in the last 3-4 days. 

1. have someone else shoot the gun.

2. looking at the slide my sights aren't centered either. but look at the hammer and the notch is centered on that. other people have their own reference points but trying to center the sight on things on the slide hasn't really worked for me either.

3. i had a lpa cut milled in and a fully adjustable kennsight installed on the rear with the appropriate front post.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2017 at 7:08 AM, B_RAD said:

Anxiously waiting for my S2 to get here. 

13# HS (want to pop everything)

11# RS. 

VZ Diamond backs

10x bushing if it needs it

Thinner front sight

Don't plan on replacing hammer and sear. Don't plan on polishing. 

The one we dry fired at the berm was definitely gtg!   

Well,. Got mine in yesterday. 

Hammer and sear are probably getting replaced. This one has bad hammer creep. 

I had a CGW disco so I thru it in last night with CGW springs. 

I look at my Accushadows hammer strut and how nice and smooth it is. CZC really did a nice job on it. Guessing they took a belt sander to the strut. Trying to decided if that's needed on the S2. I think it makes for a slightly smother pull. That spring has nothing but a smooth rounded strut to compress back and forth on. 

This trigger on the new SO feels like it  has no over travel (over travel screw isn't  hitting frame and will be removed). Reset is super short too.  I think this one is gonna be a winner!

Gonna shoot it tomorrow. 

Edited by B_RAD

• 2 weeks later...

Finally picked up an S2. Fairly impressed with it out of the box, but I still opted for a 13#HS / 11#RS.

Still waiting on a holster to really get to play with it, but after some recent dry fire I’m convinced the large safety is the devil, going to have to go to a flat asap. I have pretty long thumbs and still can’t reach the slide release every time 100% like a Glock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/28/2017 at 6:13 PM, hlpressley said:

Is anyone making a fully fully adjustable rear sight for the S2 yet? Seems like CZ would have upped the price $50 and included a fully adjustable rear sight. It is a gun that was designed for competition shooting after all...

Agreed.

I bought a sight pusher from CZC. Downside is cost, plus side is that they make the job precise & fast & easy. 

My way is to ignore marks & just take note of where your allen wrench is when you feel resistance. 

On 12/24/2017 at 5:36 AM, dansedgli said:

Shadow 2's are only shipping with the thin safeties here now. :( Have to buy the wide ones separately. The thin safeties are useless to run the gun cocked and locked for other sports I shoot in which is disappointing.

Hmmmm I took delivery of mine last Friday (OakHillguns) and it came with the wider safety in the case. My buddy took delivery of his Urban Gray  2 weeks earlier through an FFL in New Hampshire and his did not come with the wider safety?

On 12/24/2017 at 5:36 AM, dansedgli said: