Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Shadow 2 modifications

rowdyb

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, dlightning said:

I assume this is not production legal since it uses the race hammer?  

hammergate 2017. that's now a production legal hammer.

Can anyone show pics of how to adjust the Disconnector and what is the difference between the T1 or T3 ?  I'm having a problem with my hammer not releasing with the Cajun Gun Works kit installed with competition hammer.

7 hours ago, pc13 said:

Can anyone show pics of how to adjust the Disconnector and what is the difference between the T1 or T3 ?  I'm having a problem with my hammer not releasing with the Cajun Gun Works kit installed with competition hammer.

you'll have to remove material from your disconnector on the face marked in green until your trigger resets. this is a guess, check and refine process and can take quite a few tries.

also, check your trigger's over travel screw.

3rLMY3L.jpg

thanks for the pic above.   I filed and filed the disconnector exactly where u show and still could not get the trigger to release after the slide was put back on.  Yes the safety was in the off position.  I reinstalled the factory hammer and disconnector with the hammer spring, trigger spring and sear spring from Cajun Gun Works and everything seems to work great. Still waiting on the extended firing pin as they sent me the SP01 firing pin.  I have not shot it yet, but the feel and function of the DA and SA is great.  The only difference I can tell with only changing the springs and using the stock hammer and disconnector is that the safety will not go ON if there is a live round in the chamber and the hammer is all the way down.  So for us Production shooters the gun will operate just like Factory.  The safety works with the hammer all the way back or in SA mode like a 1911.  I think this is a good feature for Production as the gun is exactly the same at the CZ Factory intended except for lighter springs that I have installed. 

The Cajun Gun Works Competition kit allows for the safety to be ON with the hammer all the way down on a live chamber for use in DA. SA of course you can put the safety on as well.   It's different and might be safer for home defense.  I think I prefer my set up with the safety off in DA mode for competition just like a Beretta.

How much trouble did you have moving the magazine release paddle to the 2PM position? I tried just backing the screw out of the catch the other day and the torque required to do it simply sheared the teeth of the screw head so that now it's permanently loose until I actually get it out and replace the screw or replace the catch?

On 7/10/2017 at 0:21 PM, factorof2 said:

How much trouble did you have moving the magazine release paddle to the 2PM position? I tried just backing the screw out of the catch the other day and the torque required to do it simply sheared the teeth of the screw head so that now it's permanently loose until I actually get it out and replace the screw or replace the catch?

I striped mine also. I know I can get it out with an east out but I called cz and they said that they don't have extras yet. For now ill just leave it unless someone else here knows a screw that's an exact fit.

I'm planning to change the hammer and disconnector on my S2 with a competition hammer and pre-b disconnector myself. But I don't have any experience "gunsmithing".

I've heard that it is really difficult to remove and insert the pin between the hammer and the disconnector in the shadow 1. Is it the same with the S2? Anyone have any good advice on how to do this?

45 minutes ago, glockslinger said:

I'm planning to change the hammer and disconnector on my S2 with a competition hammer and pre-b disconnector myself. But I don't have any experience "gunsmithing".

I've heard that it is really difficult to remove and insert the pin between the hammer and the disconnector in the shadow 1. Is it the same with the S2? Anyone have any good advice on how to do this?

Hard is a relative term, a good hardened punch and a hammer does the trick just fine

1 hour ago, glockslinger said:

Since I'm just a half-azzd shade tree tinkerer who lacks a workbench, vise, etc., I order the hammer, disco, pins, AND a spare hammer strut and type in the notes section for CGW to assemble this sub-assembly. I just pull the old assy out and drop in the new. If I ever want to sell, I just switch them back. Easy peasy!

Any tutorial on how to change the thin manual safety to the wide manual safety that is included.  Thanks.

Shadow 2 is my first and only CZ.

Also a question on terminology. Is hammer spring the same as main spring?

Edited by ess45

11 minutes ago, ess45 said:

Any tutorial on how to change the thin manual safety to the wide manual safety that is included.  Thanks.

Yes

23 minutes ago, ess45 said:

I you tubed it and found one video that helped.  It's fairly easy with a punch and thin needle like pick.  The trickiest part is a spring (can't remember the name of that spring) that is resting on the safety.  You need to make sure to raise that back to where it will be resting on your new/extended safety when installing it.  

Just now, MrT_shootsAcz said:

I you tubed it and found one video that helped.  It's fairly easy with a punch and thin needle like pick.  The trickiest part is a spring (can't remember the name of that spring) that is resting on the safety.  You need to make sure to raise that back to where it will be resting on your new/extended safety when installing it.  

Forgot to mention... the "needle like pick" is what I found easiest to use for moving that little spring back into position.