Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPX - Hiperfire 24C - which springs?

I've seen quite a few people mention using them in their MPX's and I'd guess most of them are using the Silver springs to get the lightest trigger pull, so mine certainly seems to be the anomaly. 

It's possible the silver springs would function in my gun, as I said I didn't try shooting it, but you could easily see/feel the springs binding against the lower sides. The metal spring guides themselves have clearance, but just.  Installed how their video/instructions show with U of the spring guide points to the rear of the gun.  The trigger pull doesn't seem gritty or inconsistent. 

For giggles I did measure the inside of my MPX and it was a bit narrower than my other AR's so it seems like I may have just got one that's extra tight.   It's possible I'm it would run just fine, I just don't like the idea of the springs rubbing on the sides of the lower, seems like that would be asking for wear/reliability issues. 

My MPX "chewed up" 24C in 3500 rounds. Now have a second set with 1000 rounds on it. Check the back side of the hammer and top of the round bar that retains springs - shiny spots where hammer hits bar - seeing this on my second set also. I'm running the springs with the lighest trigger pull.

Interesting, you'd think the strongest silver springs that give the lightest pull would also be the best at resisting the abuse from driving the hammer back too fast/hard.  Doesn't sound too good for the hiperfire long term in the MPX though I have heard of guys going over 10k with them, but also a lot that didn't make it more than a couple thousand.

On 1/18/2018 at 10:40 PM, lordnikoncanon said:

Buying this trigger next

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is... extremely interesting.  Running a Hiperfire ECL in my MPX at the moment and my god is it sweet... but if I wind up replacing a $200 trigger every 4 cases of ammo that's going to get silly. It won't last 6 months.  

I'll check the SLT-1 when/if the HF starts doubling.  

• 1 year later...

Anyone seeing firing pin damage running the heavy springs? It seems to be a common occurrence with some of the blowback AR designs with bent /broken tips and mushrooming on the backside of the pin where the hammer impacts it.

On 1/19/2018 at 6:37 PM, Herb said:

I talked with HyperFire several times about my 24C failure - even sent them the damaged FCG (they sent me a new one free - YEMV). They said run the heavy springs.