Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry Optics Thread

sweetback

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, when setting up an optic gun, a couple of questions:
Do you run a the same weight recoil springs as you would without the optic?
Trying to keep this inexpensive, am I better served by getting a slightly larger Optic vs. a slightly lighter one (I.e. Vortex Venom vs. Burris FFIII. 1.1oz vs .9. About 25mm wide vs 21mm)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Johnbu has shown the weight difference between the iron sights vs. Primary Machine mount & optic (Burris FF3 I think) is less than .2oz, so I'd stay with the same recoil spring.

I'd go for the larger glass size. When I had a P320RX, the side to side dimension didn't feel as critical as the top to bottom. In my experience, the dot is lost by a larger measure up or down than side to side.

24 minutes ago, IronArcher said:

How much fitting?

It was a little loose. I added gorilla glue and micro spheres to get a little grip.  I had to shim the back of the optic .030" to get it to zero. Holding so far, 250 rounds.

Johnbu has shown the weight difference between the iron sights vs. Primary Machine mount & optic (Burris FF3 I think) is less than .2oz, so I'd stay with the same recoil spring.

I'd go for the larger glass size. When I had a P320RX, the side to side dimension didn't feel as critical as the top to bottom. In my experience, the dot is lost by a larger measure up or down than side to side.

Does anyone know the lens dimensions for the Vortex Venom?

They list the outside dimensions, but not the size of the lens.

The FF3 weighs a little less (.9 vs 1.1) and both are similar price and similar warranty... but If I can get the same height and more width I'll go Vortex.

Anyone have any trouble with either holding zero? Some reviews complain about this (more Vortex than Burris... but both get some.... usually 10mm guys).

Thanx!

• 1 month later...

Problem with Jpoint 8moa. It's dove tail mounted on a G17 (CO). shooting minor. After 150 rds. of practice today it started shooting 2" low. It did not hold elevation zero. Rezeroed raising POI to POA. I suspect POI will not stay the same even when shooting minor. J point does not have locking screws for windage or elevation. Does anybody else have this issue, and a remedy for it?

Had that problem with a Shield SMS, the English maker of the JPoint. Sent it back to UK for repair several months ago, havent heard anything, & no response to email. Good luck. 

• 1 month later...

I have not looked at a Deltapoint with a triangle but used a 12 moa Slideride in open for a while.  It sure was easy to see and didn't really notice any drop in match scores.  I think my points dropped some so I went back to an 8.  I guess you could use the point on the triangle for precision shots on the Deltapoint