Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry Optics Thread

sweetback

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using this CO for double duty. USPSA & IDPA. 140mm mag for USPSA 23+1. And when I shoot IDPA I'll switch to 10 Rd. division capacity. Same ammo, belt, and holster. Both are Provisional and I'm going to have FUN with it. Weight with
empty Taylor Freelance brass ext. is 31.8 ozs.G17/Gen 4 with large beaver tail. J POINT optic i had laying around 8moa.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

IMG_20170313_235524408_HDR.jpg

Edited by sweetback

Nothing special with my setup: G17 MOS + Burris FF3 + ETS 140mm mags.  Put a little color on the floorplates (the yellow are my 9mm ones).  Not sure if I want to disassemble the G17 to add any color to the parts since it won't make me shoot any better. :)  I have one other spot of grip tape on the other side of the frame where my finger indexes for draw/reloads.  

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_1033.JPG

22 hours ago, sweetback said:

Using this CO for double duty. USPSA & IDPA. 140mm mag for USPSA 23+1. And when I shoot IDPA I'll switch to 10 Rd. division capacity. Same ammo, belt, and holster. Both are Provisional and I'm going to have FUN with it. Weight with
empty Taylor Freelance brass ext. is 31.8 ozs.G17/Gen 4 with large beaver tail. J POINT optic i had laying around 8moa.

It's not a Division in IDPA yet, only allowed by the MD. You could shoot an USPSA Open Division Major 9 instead of CO.

8.2.21 Specialty Divisions (SPD)
A. IDPA encourages shooters to practice their gun handling skills with commonly carried firearms. Many everyday
carry firearms do not fit into the 6 competition handgun divisions.
B. IDPA allows clubs to add “Specialty Divisions” for scoring. This division allows cartridges smaller than 9 mm,
carry optics,
activated lasers, mounted lights, and other firearms which do not fit into the other competition
divisions to participate in matches.

C. All other IDPA equipment rules apply for holsters and loading device holders as well as their placement on the
body. Match Directors also have the option to allow junior shooters with .22 rimfire firearms to begin strings at
low ready in lieu of requiring a holster.
D. All IDPA membership rules apply.
E. Specialty Division classifications are based on the shooters highest classification of regular IPDA divisions.
F. Clubs are not required to implement this provision, and Match Directors are allowed discretion with
implementation so that match quality remains high.

2 hours ago, GregJ said:

This is what I will be using for CO. CZ Phantom, Springer plate, and Burris FF3. Need some trigger work before I jump into the CO pool. 

I've seen discussion somewhere else.  The mags + plates fit the mag gauge?

I've been shooting this CZC SP01 for about 6 months and will be using it at Area 1 in a couple of weeks.  It has around 10,000 rounds through it.

It originally was coupled with an STS2 but now sports the slightly better DP Pro. Mag is Mec-Gar 17 round with Springer basepad.

The gun has a slightly longer Australian model barrel. I have an additional iron sight slide for use in Production Division.

CZ75v2.jpg

Wondering what the expected cost of milling the slide and adding the dot would be.
Also wondering if there is a dovetail mount that fits Tanfos so I can try this before eliminating my gun from Production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4 hours ago, IronArcher said:

Wondering what the expected cost of milling the slide and adding the dot would be.
Also wondering if there is a dovetail mount that fits Tanfos so I can try this before eliminating my gun from Production.

Check out Primary Machine. 

15 hours ago, IronArcher said:

Primary milling is $150+~$8 shipping insurance http://primarymachine.com/optic-milling/

Primary dovetail is $50 for Burris FF3 / Vortex Venom, $20 for RMR, Shield mini red dot or JPoint. http://primarymachine.com/tanfoglio-stock-ii-optic-mount/

Primiary milling & optic is - $400 for milling & Burris FF3 http://primarymachine.com/fastfire-iii-milling-combo/

34te6c8.jpg

CZ SP-01 Shadow Custom from CZC, springer precision dovetail mount, vortex viper.  Im currently using mecgar 19 rounders. Have a couple TTI +2's for my 18 round cz mags.

What springs should I be getting for the cz tube/folllower and a +2 basepad?