Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is there an App for this?

So imagine you have 5 targets setup at the target line.  Each target would be numbered 1-5.  You have your buddy call out random numbers.

"two!"

"three, one!"

"five, four, one!"

"four!"

"three, five, two!"

"one, five!"

etc...

Sounds great, probably familiar as it's a common drill.

But what if you were alone.  Is there an app that you could input variables like:

Number of targets? (5 in this case)

Targets per set? (up to 3 in this case)

Randomize set amount? (yes in this case)

Pause between sets? (3 seconds)

Hit start, set your phone down, and it would audibly call out random numbers for you.

Anyone know if anything like this is available yet?  Seems like it could be fairly easy to do. Wonder how easy it is to actually make an app....?

• 1 month later...

Haven't seen anything like it, have no talent to create it myself.

Best I can come up with is to record yourself saying some of the more common ones "left, right, center" "square, circle, triangle" "1,2,3..." "Red, Green, Blue, Yellow"

You could do separate sound files for each color, then use sound editing software to string multiple together. Create a playlist and let your phone play it on random. This would be the "no programming skill" approach.

There are random number generator apps. Most allow you to input a number range. What I don't know is if they will audibly speak the number and if you can set them to generate multiple numbers in succession.

May want to browse the app store to see what's available.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk