Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow 1 or 2 - Install of Single Action Trigger

Orbit

Friends,

I would like to purchase a Single Action Trigger to convert my cz shadow 1 or 2 to single action.

1. Is it worth to convert 1 of my pistol?

2. Is there any significant changes in trigger pull?

3. Kindly share your experience with one of your SA trigger in CZ

Thank you.

Hi,

i am shooting in IPSC, i think i can run this in standard. Cz 2 for production and cz 1 for standard. 

I would like to know and see if the trigger pull and the positioning of my trigger finger will be as good in 1911.

• 2 weeks later...

I converted a CZ75 tp SA. I used a SA trigger from CGW. As this was not a shadow, I added many other parts.

Shoots killer and the trigger is about as good as it gets for a CZ, imo. 

Does it compare to a 1911 trigger? Depends on whether it is a RIA or an Infinity! 

It is a very fun gun to shoot and I use it for 2gun, 3gun, random other nan-rulesy matches. I probably would want to use something else for IPSC standard division. Mostly because of minor power factor. But this gun covers a lot of other ground. I love it. 

IMG_4736.JPG

Hi Nokimberdave,

Nice pistol and looks cool. I will be doing this to one of my cz shadow 1 and will run to standard eventhough its just for minor. I am not running to be the champion but for fun, friends and constantly developing my skills, if one day i got it, thank you.

Thanks man.

On 3/5/2017 at 4:04 PM, SlvrDragon50 said:

Pretty subjective IMO. It's a pretty sweet trigger, but I also don't know what your 1911 is like. Why not just get a TS if you want to shoot SAO?

I also have a TS in 40 for USPSA limited, it is also a nice gun but the smaller frame of the shadow makes it great for smaller hands.

On 3/5/2017 at 6:45 AM, Orbit said:

Hi,

i am shooting in IPSC, i think i can run this in standard. Cz 2 for production and cz 1 for standard. 

I would like to know and see if the trigger pull and the positioning of my trigger finger will be as good in 1911.

The trigger pull with be fine but you're not going to be able to adjust the length of pull like you can with 1911 by changing triggers

I threw one in my last Cajun order.   I installed it in the Accu I picked up off the exchange here.   SA with a SAO trigger is pretty sweet.   The regular trigger was ok but the SAO trigger is on the next level.   I have ordered another one to convert another Shadow to SAO for a backup gun.   I did miss the part if the video about removing the disconnector.  It worked fine in testing and for an 8 stage match yesterday but I guess I need to pull it back apart and remove that to see if it changes anything.  

Best part of the straight SAO triggers are the pre-travel and over travel screws. The pre-travel can get rid of any take up you might have on a DA/SA setup. Try it out for 40 bucks. If you don't like it then you can change it back in 5 minutes and sell the SAO trigger. I would also suggest CGW's floating trigger pin if you start changing out triggers as the factory roll pin is trash after you remote it.

Guys,

I think I made a mistake.....not in my objective of converting my shadow 1 or 2 to SAO trigger.

I bought a straight SAO trigger from dlaskarms.com knowing that i can only do the conversion using this trigger and removing the disconnector?

Friends, please walk me through the processs. I watched a lot of videos but just want to make sure.

I have now the SAO trigger (flat), what do I need to remove or adjust from my cz shadow 1 & 2?

17 minutes ago, Orbit said:

Guys,

I think I made a mistake.....not in my objective of converting my shadow 1 or 2 to SAO trigger.

I bought a straight SAO trigger from dlaskarms.com knowing that i can only do the conversion using this trigger and removing the disconnector?

Friends, please walk me through the processs. I watched a lot of videos but just want to make sure.

I have now the SAO trigger (flat), what do I need to remove or adjust from my cz shadow 1 & 2?

AFAIK, just take out the disco and you're good to go.

• 3 weeks later...
On Friday, March 24, 2017 at 7:40 PM, Orbit said:

Guys,

I just took out my disconnector, adjusted my over/pre-travel and that was it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is the most comprehensive I have found and used when I changed my trigger.  I don't know if you've worked on one before, if not I highly recommend you put the frame inside a large zip bag while removing the sear cage and safety detent springs.  Hope this helps....

http://www.olegnikitin.com/news/complete-disassembly-assembly-of-cz-75-sp-01-shadow

• 2 years later...
On 4/9/2017 at 1:16 PM, ad5md said:

I just took out my disconnector, adjusted my over/pre-travel and that was it.

question; what about the trigger return spring? The TS one won’t fit the S2 and the S2 one doesn’t like the SA trigger. Or should I be looking for a specific S2 SA trigger and not trying to use one for a TS? From seboweapons, there’s no specification; just CZ75 SAO trigger...