Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primer loader

If you don't have enough frustration in your life, you will after you buy one of these. Some people claim to have had good luck with them, but they don't work for me. I will say that Franfort Arsenal was very kind, and sent replacement parts, etc. They are very customer friendly. However, this is just a poor design, in my opinion. Other products that they sell have been just fine.

Mine worked 100% out of the box. The caveat being I only use fed spp. It runs about 98% with fed srp with the only issue being the odd primer is too tall and drags on the lid a little. Some light upward pressure on the lid cures that. The fed spp run through it like water. 

I have a vibra prime and a RF100.  So far I have about a half hour messing with the vibra prime and 3 hours with the rf100.  So far they both are equally effective the only difference is the rf100 doesn't require me to hold a trigger to make it go.  I'm getting close to selling my rf100 and going back to the tried and true pick up tubes.  To all the rf100 people i have tried all the tricks here there and everywhere.  It just doesn't want to run for me.

I have been using a Vibraprime successfully for three years or more now. I had considered the rf-100 at first but was put off by the high price and some of the negative reviews. I find that it has works best with CCI primers, thou Winchester or Remington's are a bit slower. I did do some of the mods I saw to load directly to the Dillon tubes. I loaded 6,000 .223 yesterday with it and 2,000 .45's last week, without frustration. I think I did file off some plastic flashing once in the beginning. But yes having to hold it for 30-45 seconds to fill the tube is tiresome, in this regard the rf-100 is better. If mine died now, I'd go buy another.

My Vibraprime works mostly OK.  It can fill a primer tube in ~15 seconds provided I don't get a primer hung up while transitioning out of the plastic tray and into the tube; which happens pretty frequently.  I've only tried it with CCI and Winchester primers, it seems to favor the CCI. 

In any case, even considering having to stop to remove a jammed primer it is still quicker than the traditional hunt and poke.

I've used a variety of primers in the vibra prime. It's finicky occasionally but it does its job, especially for the $40 I spent of it. You will figure out the little quirks once you use it.

I also just pop off the plastic pickup portion of the primer tube and load directly into that tube. It works for me but again can be quirky.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I had both and both sucked. More problems then they were worth. Sold them and told both guys the pain in the ass they were. Back to the tubes for me. I just bought extra tubes so I can load 10-20 tubes up at a time depending on how much I will be loading. 

7 hours ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

I had both and both sucked. More problems then they were worth. Sold them and told both guys the pain in the ass they were. Back to the tubes for me. I just bought extra tubes so I can load 10-20 tubes up at a time depending on how much I will be loading. 

Which "both"?

The one I have works 95% (I get an occasional sideways primer that requires dropping of the primer tube {about 4 seconds} to clear) on CCI and probably like 60-80% with Winchester primers.

Overall I'm not going to complain, in aggregate it saves time when compared to the 'stab and stack' method.

On 3/4/2017 at 0:07 AM, Glock26Toter said:

I had terrible luck with the Vibraprime.  The most frustrating money I've ever spent by FAR.  You could probably get someone to kick you in the balls for twice the money and it would still feel better.

Same experience for me EXCEPT the ball kicking.  Lol.

Sure a lot of negative experiences reported here with the FA Vibraprime!?!    I had trouble with mine when it first arrived and eventually called FA.  I told them I was pretty sure the problem was poor molding on the tray as primers were hanging up in the hole to the drop tube.  They agreed and not only sent me a new tray as promised but a brand new complete kit!  The new one works great - out of the box.  I even managed to clean up the hole on the original and works too.  For the money they are a great deal and save a lot of time over the pick up tubes.  By the way I load small and large primers with good result.

The first one I had worked relatively well after some tweaking. Last one I bought, would get primers WSR hanged up on the tube entry, I used a lot of sandpaper trying to make it work. I gave up, buying an RF-100 soon.

I've had success with the VIbra Prime after doing most of the fixes in the post Edge40 linked. Feeds CCI and Remington primers without a hiccup. Winchester and S&B primers will occasionally get stuck as they seem to be a bit taller and less rounded. Holding the Vibra Prime at a slight angle helps the primers feed more reliably, too.

Over the course of a reloading session, I'll probably save 20-30 minutes using the Vibra Prime rather than using pick-up tubes even after dealing with the occasional jam.