Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ESP legal?

B_RAD

21 hours ago, kells81 said:

It came from Armory Craft.   It does fit in the box.  I shot it at MVSA earlier this month.  

Thank you for that information, I Messaged them to see if hey still have any more. That is the exact setup i'm looking for. Great looking, nice job!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Out of curiosity, would slide serrations like Gan's Customs and some others be legal if they are only at the location of front and rear serrations go.  I would understand that the Onces mentioned earlier may not be legal as they look to be just removed material.  Something like below?

august-long-2.jpg

I agree it looks alot like the briley, but those did not look like serrations. I will check with my match director and get his take but this seems awfully silly if clear consensus cannot be gathered from reading the rules.

The question is are these slide serrations or something else?

8.2.2.3 ESP Excluded Features and Modifications (Non-Inclusive list):

A. Removal of material from the exterior of the slide other than front cocking serrations, tri-top, engraving, carry melts, and high power cuts.

Most of the direction that I'm getting in my neck o' the woods is that as long as they dont penetrate fully, its ok.

One man's cocking serrations are another's lightening cuts...

Edited by wgj3

Totally agree. Earlier in the thread someone posted a pic of a S&W 1911 with slide cuts all the way through the slide, the verbiage also stats there are to lighten the slide. Allegedly that gun is legal. The briley even has a bushing barrel, common give a brother a brake. hahahaha 

• 1 month later...

So G34 and XDM 5.25'' with slide cuts form factory are legal, but others are not?

I am curious if the TP9 SFX or the new Walther Q5 are legal?  They should be both SSP legal, right?  They both have slide cuts out of box.

IDPA made P320 X5 legal with a 5 inch bull barrel (without a bushing, though the concept of bushing is really for 1911 platform).  Why would a gun with 4.5 inch bull barrel not be legal then?  Because some bull barrels are more "bull" than others?  I probably should not use logic here because we are talking about IDPA rules...