RippSpeed

Ok let me start with my specs :

- 124gr CMJ Montana Gold

- 8grs of Silhouette

- Remington 6.5 SRP

- 1.175 oal

- 0.371 crimp

-mixed brass

- 1420fps ( because its flatter up here and softens up considerably and no pressure signs at all ) This is out of 5.4" SV Infinity Barrel and 1453fps out of a KKM barrel.

- less than 1" groups at 25yrds with the SV but 1.25" out of the KKM ...

All loaded on a 1050 ... I get a little bit of specks of brass on the slide right where the chamber is ... Is this normal ???

I can't tell where you're describing the brass specs are. On the gun after firing? You sure it's brass and not powder? Did you notice it after letting the gun sit for a little while? I noticed some flakes that looked golden in my gun and figured it was Unburnt powder that changed color somehow. 

Edited by Shmella

1 hour ago, Shmella said:

I can't tell where you're describing the brass specs are. On the gun after firing? You sure it's brass and not powder? Did you notice it after letting the gun sit for a little while? I noticed some flakes that looked golden in my gun and figured it was Unburnt powder that changed color somehow. 

maybe thats it ... but its definitely inside the slide by the chamber area. It looks golden soo it might be unburnt powder

13 hours ago, RippSpeed said:

maybe thats it ... but its definitely inside the slide by the chamber area. It looks golden soo it might be unburnt powder

You said you're shooting Montana golds. Any chance you don't flare case enough when loading? Maybe you are shaving the bullet? Could be from the bullet and not the brass?

1 hour ago, Bullets said:

You said you're shooting Montana golds. Any chance you don't flare case enough when loading? Maybe you are shaving the bullet? Could be from the bullet and not the brass?

nope; I need to bell it enough to make it so the bullet doesnt fall out ( after the bullet feeding station ) when I rotate the shell plate on my 1050.

12 minutes ago, 57K said:

I'm curious about the TC of .371" you mentioned. That's .005" smaller than I typically crimp 9mm. Was that a typo or actual dia at the case-mouth after TC?

Thats actual diameter after the crimping station.

I use a LEE FCD and Ive always used 0.371 - 0.372 as my crimp. Tried a looser crimp before but it didnt have good results.

Edited by RippSpeed