Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifieds Post Editing

Fordfan485

Is there any way to have the setting changed with the forum software?   It would be so that the OP can edit their post at any time for the classified forum.  It's frustrating that I can not edit my post several days later.   I wanted to add another item to my for sale post, plus it would be nice if I could change the price on a few things after a week or so if it doesn't sell.  

Not gonna happen.  Early on, we had a member leave the forum, back in the days, where you could edit your posts indefinitely.  That member edited and deleted the content of all of his posts.  That made a mess of a lot of threads, some of which he had started.  

The changes you seek to make, can be made in additional posts within the thread, or if you have another item, could potentially fit into a new thread.

Also not gonna happen. Software doesn't support that scenario.

You're absolutely right. It sucks that one persons actions are still being endured with aggravation this many years later. Currently this is the only way to prevent a similar fiasco.

• 1 year later...

oh wow just found out i cannot edit my classified posts, guess after a couple of days.  maybe i missed it, but if "you" could have a page header or reminder show up with new classified posts to 'edit' them every day to be able to edit them later as needed (eg, say 'sold).