Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to mount RTS2 or DP Pro on a CORE ported model

zipollini

It requires the adapter mount thats mentioned in the link above or a ridulous amount of effort to get it to fit. The hardest part being the screws. But if you use the Delta point plate and remove the plastic on the back of the plate and take about .050 out of the front of the slide cut it will fit. The screws were made out of the long screws that came in the optics mount kit with the square head that were lathed down to match the new Delta point screws. I didn't want to give up any height or added weight. But not sure it was worth the headache ethier. I don't know about getting the RTS 2 on there. Haven't traveled that road yet. But I don't think there is a adapter and it will likely be more difficult then the DP pro route I did

Edited by Mully383

I installed mine before Leopold released their bracket. I found some bracket modifications instructions on the M&P section of the Smith and Wesson forums (smith-wessonforum.com)

It required modifying an extra mounting plate and removing a small amount of material from the front of the Delta Point Pro housing.

IMG_1341.JPG

• 9 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:04 PM, JimmyBob said:

Try reading the owners manual.

For some crazy reason they put the chart in there.

Maybe read it yourself. For some crazy reason the chart doesn't cover the Delta Point Pro.

23 hours ago, hitman_usmc said:

Leupold released a mount specifically for the DPP on the core.  Works great.  

It works fine. However it does result in the DPP being a bit higher than some of the other solutions.

I'm using it and have no complaints. However I'm considering something along the lines of what Beckham or Mully did just cuz I like fiddling with this stuff... lol

My duty gun is a CORE with an RMR.  The RMR is smaller and fits in the cut out of the core slide better.  However, I can't tell the slightest difference when using each gun.  I suppose a millimeter or so could effect some people, but I wouldn't let it be a deal breaker.  If you want to spend more money getting custom milling or you just like tinkering then have a blast.  If you want to put the sight on your gun and shoot, the leupold plate is the easiest solution.  

Thanks for the good info! I don't have a CORE but I was considering getting the M&P Pro ported slide kit that comes with a CORE system in the slide with elevated irons (as well as other features).

I ended up getting a DueckDefense RBU since this has the iron sight built in to the plate. This further elevates the DPP above the bore axis but that was less of a concern than having irons cowitness the sight. Plus this saved me the $400 from purchasing the S&W slide kit as well as the Leupold CORE specific mount plate.

Took it out to the range last night to zero and test it out. So far I'm extremely happy with it!