Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 11 lbs spring with lightened slide

TheStagePlan

So I hate to be the one to post another about glock recoil  spring weights. But I couldn't find an ideal answer for  my question through the search tab.  

I just purchased a glock along with a zev enhanced kit that came with all the  bells and whistles minus the guide rod and spring. I currently have the gun complete using the factory  guide rod and spring which shoots fine. I ordered the 11lbs guide rod and spring to test out i have been shooting american syntec 115 grain box says 1130 fps gun shoots fine with this setup however I am looking to shoot steel challenge and would like to play with an 11 lbs spring with the lightened slide using this ammo does this sound about rite ?  open to any recommendations  zev has not sent out the package  yet so I can tailor my order before noon 

Glock g34 

dragon fly slide 

zev  dimpled barrel

zev fulcrum trigger with 2 lbs striker  

ZEV components;
Stainless steel Firing Pin safety & Firing Pin, FPS Spring, (2lb) Striker spring and ZEV Backplate.

zev.jpeg

Edited by TheStagePlan

Wheels,

Not exactly the same but I hope this helps. I have a 34 Gen 4 that I now run in open. Originally I was running Production using this setup. 

Vogel trigger w 4.5 lb striker spring 

13 lb recoil spring 

Fiocchi 158g FMJ.  @ 950 fps

Powder puff rounds and the gun ran perfect with that spring. 

Now for open. 

Carver trigger w 4.5 striker

11lb recoil. 

MG JHP 115's, CCI SPP, 9.2g VV 3N38.  @ 168 PF. 

LW barrel & Jager 4 port comp. 

When I went to open build I also experimented with springs. Tried a 13 and a 13 with 1 & 2 coils cut; difference was so small it's hard to tell. Seems like the dot tracks back to index better with the 11 so I stuck with it.  Keep in mind my slide is not lightened and gun is very heavy w weighted magwell. 

My my advice on springs would be to get several and experiment. No two shooters are the same and while I might like one with your gun, you might prefer another. All about what feels good to you and runs 100%. Sure you know a Glock is basically just a balance of springs and unfortunately, no two guns are exactly alike. 

But enough rambling, if you had a stock weight slide I would advise getting a 13lb also but with a lightened slide I would think the 11 would be a good starting point. I know this is not a good answer but like all the opinions out there, the choices are endless. 

Hope it does well and you enjoy it. Great looking gun. Let me know what you find out.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/26/2017 at 4:29 PM, sx2gl35 said:

Where is the best place to find a 13# recoil spring (captured) for a Gen4 G34?

This is a bit late but jagerproducts.com has some rods and springs. I use the Jager heavy captured rod since I had some wolff springs and couldn't be happier. They have wolff springs listed but not a 13lb, so you could go with the normal sized rod and ISMI spring and be good to go.