Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone handle an Atibal XP8?

Anyone running or handled the Atibal XP8? Based on the only 2 reviews I've been able to locate, it seems interesting. Priced right above the Strike Eagle and doesn't seem to have a fisheye at 1x or a red/brown tinted image.

• 10 months later...

i just got one from the Black Firday sale from Rainer arms.  I was actually impressed with the clarity.  This scope was bought to replace a Burris Tac 30 1-4power.  I think this scope is a little clearer than the burris.  Also the filed of view on 1 power is a little bit more on the Atibal than on the Burris.  I also checked it on the 8x power and the picture was still semi clear.  It was clearer than I thought it would be.  I don't have any other 8power scope to compare it to but for the money it seems good for now.  now I will not compare it to a high end vortex or nything like that.  I have seen through those scopes and those are very clear and the field of view are awesome on those.  I have not shot it yet so I don't know how it will perform.  once I shoot it next week, I will post an update on how the scope performs.

I ended up with a gen 2 Viper PST 1-6x. However, a buddy bought the Atibal XP8 and Burris RT-6 for comparison. Between the two, I personally preferred the XP8, but he ended up selling it in favor of the RT-6. The Viper costs a bit more, but it is nicer than both.