Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry Optics - 10 round limit abolished from 2/1/17

BritinUSA

20 minutes ago, teros135 said:

Just wondering, why on earth would this cause Limited to "die a slow death"?  And why would USPSA want to harm it's most popular division (Limited)? 

I cant speak for anyone else, but I would not have recently purchased a limited/or open gun had this been in effect.  PO always seemed like a waste of time to me till now, unfortunately I wont be trying it for a while, because of the other guns I purchased.  I wish USPSA would have  a little more consistency in the rules of the new divisions, then I might have a better idea of where to spend my money.  I guess for now I will just enjoy shooting open.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant speak for anyone else, but I would not have recently purchased a limited/or open gun had this been in effect.  PO always seemed like a waste of time to me till now, unfortunately I wont be trying it for a while, because of the other guns I purchased.  I wish USPSA would have  a little more consistency in the rules of the new divisions, then I might have a better idea of where to spend my money.  I guess for now I will just enjoy shooting open.

You will love it! Open is amazingly fun!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, OPENB said:

I thought there was a time limit on changing rules, so we don't make gear obsolete so quickly? And, this will kill any other caliber in the division 'cause capacity. 9mm only!

Yes, it would discourage other calibers, although with two 19 or 20-round mags one could easily complete a 32-round course of fire.  It would just be a decision when to make that single reload, as it is now in Lim and Open. 

4 minutes ago, teros135 said:

Yes, it would discourage other calibers, although with two 19 or 20-round mags one could easily complete a 32-round course of fire.  It would just be a decision when to make that single reload, as it is now in Lim and Open. 

True, one reload is one reload. Very interesting, by an large!

I'm not quite following on the mag capacity limit?  Does it have to be max factory?  Or can we use mag extensions to get to 140, 170??

Edited by JGus

4 hours ago, mscott said:

It is right now, but obviously things can change quickly.

looks like the gun weight issue is up for discussion, so imagine an Edge with a red dot.

Has to be production legal, therefore DA.

I love this change.  I always thought it looked fun, but the 10rd limit stopped me from doing it.

This may influence my next gun buying decision.

Edited by LeviSS

2 hours ago, RJH said:

My Facebook feed and now here has been filling up with "rules consistency"  posts about both CO and PCC. They are provisional divisions, by that very nature we have to come to expect rapid rules changes.  I know it has put some shooters on the wrong side of the curve as far as equipment goes, but buying into a provisional division comes with risk.  

5 hours ago, mscott said:

15 minutes ago, p7fl said:

I have always liked Production being 10 rounds, but I can now see it going to

I see 140mm.

I wish it would at least go to 15 rounds.  I would still be shooting production if it were higher round count.

Any full size gun that you are going to shoot in production will have at least 15rd mags, so I don't see it being unfair to any gun/manufacturer.

Edited by LeviSS

31 minutes ago, LeviSS said:

I wish it would at least go to 15 rounds.  I would still be shooting production if it were higher round count.

Any full size gun that you are going to shoot in production will have at least 15rd mags, so I don't see it being unfair to any gun/manufacturer.

Can't do mag changes?  Now you have CO.

There's no need to change Production.

4 hours ago, RJH said:

I just did the same thing.  I have a new open gun I'm waiting to pick up because it sounded more fun than CO at the time.  I like the sound of this change though since I carry a gun with an RMR every day with more than 10 rounds in it.  Looks like I have two divisions to have fun with now.  

We should just do away with the divisions again if all we do is continue to make them more and more alike. 

We allowed 8 shot minor and made Revolver more like L-10 

We allowed 10 shot minor and made Single Stack more like L-10. 

Yet everyone but ban state shooters want to do away with L10.(?)  IMO both those things drastically changed those divisions and not for the better, besides making them just like existing divisions.

We started CO and made have it more like Open. 

I don't get it.

1 hour ago, teros135 said:

Can't do mag changes?  Now you have CO.

There's no need to change Production.

Easy now...Just my opinion,  It's not like I'm bringing it up before the board.

I think some low capacity stages become memory challenges rather than shooting challenges, and I don't like that.

If I couldn't reload, I'd be asking for magwells in production.

9 minutes ago, cas said:

We allowed 8 shot minor and made Revolver more like L-10 

We allowed 10 shot minor and made Single Stack more like L-10. 

Hmm,

I am having mixed feeling on the last comment. 8 shot minor in revolver I agree made a huge difference. We always had 10 shot minor in SS since 9MM and 38 Supers were always 10 round and minor. The limitation to 8 rounds for major was because of the 9-10 round mags for 40 S&W. Many shooters in SS use 40 because they are Limited shooters and allows them to shoot both divisions without the expense of loading both 40 and 45.

I think the change to the 10 round capacity rule in CO will make it more poplar. I have lots of 17 round mags for my Glocks.

Jay

4 minutes ago, LeviSS said:

Easy now...Just my opinion,  It's not like I'm bringing it up before the board.

I think some low capacity stages become memory challenges rather than shooting challenges, and I don't like that.

If I couldn't reload, I'd be asking for magwells in production.

That's the thing.  Everybody seems to want the rules changed to suit themselves. Me, I shoot within the rules and figure out the best way (for me) to do it, not complain and try to keep getting the rules changed.

6 minutes ago, teros135 said:

That's the thing.  Everybody seems to want the rules changed to suit themselves. Me, I shoot within the rules and figure out the best way (for me) to do it, not complain and try to keep getting the rules changed.

Once again, I'm not trying to change anything.  I simply stated an opinion, not complaining.

5 hours ago, OPENB said:

I thought there was a time limit on changing rules, so we don't make gear obsolete so quickly? And, this will kill any other caliber in the division 'cause capacity. 9mm only!

I think it's once a year for divisions, provisional Divisions are different

7 minutes ago, Kraj said:

I think it's once a year for divisions, provisional Divisions are different

2 Years:

Bylaw 16.2:

16.2 Competition Equipment Rules Modifications:
Changes to U.S. Division rules affecting personal competition equipment shall be adopted for a specific Division no more frequently than every two years except as may be required to comply with federal laws. Those changes must be published in the corporate newsletter three months prior to effective date.

BTW: They are trying to change this to a shorter duration.