Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My first match under '17 rules

Well finally got to shoot my first match under the new rule book. I love fault lines. I love reload freedom. I can see why people in bug or ccp might be annoyed with some divisional stuff but as far as the shooting rules we all have to follow I didn't find anything to have an issue with today. I sure did waaaayyy more tac/rwr than ever before and definitely saw people taking more make up shots. I never thought about the head circle, I instead just reminded myself to shoot the center of the head and that's it.

Edited by rowdyb

Agreed.  ^^^  

Despite the internet predictions, the sport isn't going to implode under the new rules. In the one match I've shot under the new rules, I found that the fault lines sped up transitions to the next shooting position, as do the reloading rules. I didn't take any more makeup shots than usual, but I made sure the sights were aligned before pulling the trigger. My only negative from the match was in one shooting position, the FL allowed two targets too be seen if you came in right -- and I brain-farted and shot out of order. That PE was equal to my points down for the entire match. 

I do think if the powers at IDPA had released the rulebook AFTER it had been properly vetted and proofread, the transition would have been a lot less cantankerous. That was a failure caused by management, not the rule changes.