Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship presented by Doublestar October 19-21 at Rockcastle Shooting Center

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 0:22 AM, iamspartacus said:

I have always wanted to shoot Heavy Metal at this match, are there 9 other crazy people out there that want to as well so we can have the division recognized?

I'm considering Heavy Metal but don't know if my eyes are good enough to shoot it as irons so currently I'm signed up as Tac ops. 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, iamspartacus said:

I just signed up for the match in heavy metal and I talked three of my friends into it as well. We just need a couple more to have the division recognized, surely there are a few brave souls ready to take up the challenge.

I'm shooting Open but, would love to see more HM shooters. Come on heavy!

Looking at my match management page on practiscore it shows there are 6 of us now including myself. There may be one more that I'm not aware of amongst the ROs because they don't appeae to be listed on there. The rules for heavy are 10 round .45, pump 12 gauge, and a .308 rifle with 1x sight or irons and 20 round mags. The 1x on the rifle is the biggest stumbling block for most people as I've talked to 3 more shooters who would be doing heavy at this match if a variable power optic was allowed on the rifle.

49 minutes ago, HRider said:

I signed up for Heavy Metal yesterday, so I was #8. I hope that we can get enough to make the division. 

Hurley

That's great, I'm still working on contacting people that I know shoot heavy and getting them to shoot with us.

32 minutes ago, CarRacer said:

Will slings be required for shotgun? 

That is usually determined when Andy makes the stages descriptions available (he's good about doing that a month or more prior to the match). Last year the shotgun was not slung, but in previous years, Yes, your scattegun needed a sling

8 hours ago, bwikel said:

The stage in cowboy town required a sling on shotgun last year. 

You are right about that....I am either getting old or confusing too many Blue Ridge matches....(my money is on the former, can't have "too many" Blue Ridge matches!!)

1 hour ago, iamspartacus said:

We are showing 11 signed up for heavy now and one more that has said he's going to move to heavy, so yes we should be good to go.

Outstanding!  Long live Metal!!!

IMG_0986.JPG

Edited by Matt in TN

Stages have been posted for the 2017 BRM3G presented by Doublestar at BRM3G.com!
Since this is the 10th year of the match, we are bringing back some features of past stages, even harkening back to our first year in Virginia. There are also some new ideas we’re going to see if you like. 

We currently have 12 folks in Heavy Metal!  Good job guys.  

Join us at Rockcastle Shooting Center October 19th to 21st to send some rounds downrange!

http://brm3g.com/ 
https://star15.com/ 
https://www.rockcastleshootingcenter.com/

5 hours ago, LoneRanger said:

Question, In Heavy Metal scoring is it 1 on paper with pistol and rifle or 2 ? Might need more pistol mags?

It's 2 scored hits on paper. I ordered a couple more pistol mags when I saw there is a stahe with 48 pistol roumds required.