Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

4 hours ago, wtturn said:
4 hours ago, Magsz said:
Yeah but Bruce said that there's no problem...so, nothing to worry about. Feel free to drop your pistols guys............

He also says his triggers are production legal, soooooooo......

Well, when you're Bruce Gray, you can say whatever you want. Duh.

Edited by Magsz

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/6/2017 at 3:00 PM, Nick179 said:

Interesting something must be hung up somewhere along the way. Do you have any other grip modules besides the X5?  Maybe try the FCU in there and see if problem persist.  If you have time can you send me or post some pics of your FCU. Mainly the area where the hang up is and then the Left and right rear of the fcu. I had a similar problem when I changed from gen 1 to gen 2 slide stop. I messed up and tapped the trigger back into place while not supporting the safety lever pivot and housing pin and it caused the slide to lock up when racked. 

I did try the X5 FCU in the P320C grip module with both slides, and the results were the same. Release the slide with the slide stop (SS) and it wouldn't function until I pressed down on the trigger bar. Releasing the slide by pulling back on it took a couple of tries to release it, but it functioned.

I think I'll just go ahead and start shooting the X5, especially with the crap storm that just started over the P320 drop safety issue. It might take months to get it back if they let me even send it back.

• 2 weeks later...

I just found out that Sig has instituted a voluntary recall over the "drop safety" issue, that includes the X5. Details are on the Sig homepage. Is anyone going to bother with this since It appears the X5 is less prone to firing when dropped? They say it will take 4 to 6 weeks before the pistol is returned. Don't know if it is worth the hassle and long wait.

Also, when you send your X5 in it will likely come back with a new Disconnector system which means that you won't have the dry fire click. Trade off there is no 'double click' and might be shorter trigger travel overall. 

On 8/18/2017 at 0:42 PM, alma said:

Also, when you send your X5 in it will likely come back with a new Disconnector system which means that you won't have the dry fire click. Trade off there is no 'double click' and might be shorter trigger travel overall. 

Seeing that I just got my x five- I am holding off and going to shoot it for a while.

When others have theirs done and it appears that all is fine- then maybe. BUT

I really don't plan on dropping a loaded gun at a 30degree angle either- 

Edited by Rolex
SP

On 7/6/2017 at 6:58 PM, alma said:

Part information and part promotion here.

There had been some question (mostly from Shadow 2 owners) about whether SIG actually made 2k X5s. 

I spoke with Robert King at the Mid Atlantic USPSA championship two weeks ago and he said that he had personally already filled orders for 600 X5's holsters! That explains his backlog and why he had to add all second X5 for holster making. Based on that stat alone I don't think it's a question about whether Production numbers are out there. 

The first Red Hill Tactical P320 holsters were molded in Robert's kitchen off of my personal P320, and I'm proud to be sponsored by Robert this year, but I use his double layered holsters because I think they are the best. If anyone is on the fence and would still want to try one out then you can use my discount code (Cole4RHT)  to save 10%.  http://redhilltactical.com/products/doublelayerowb

-End pitch- thank you 

wish I read this last week. I ordered a RHT for my x five- wish I could have saved 10%- every little bit helps-:ph34r:

On 7/10/2017 at 11:21 PM, GJ710 said:

Am I the only one crazy running an 11lb spring? Gun is broken in and has a few thousand rounds through it. Only shot about 300 rounds in the 11lb spring training and a USPSA match. 0 malfunctions. Tried 14 and still thought it was oversprung, same with 13#. Just hope the slide isn't battering the frame. Shoots very flat. Using freedom 124gr. Their power factor is in the 130+ for the most part. 

I just installed the SP- heavy guide rod- tungsten- and 14  pound spring- first thing I noticed was the noise when racking the slide- 

sounds like the spring is tight on the GR and that's making the sound- anyone else hear that?

On 7/13/2017 at 1:56 PM, andersonj55126 said:

Here are a few pics of my build.

20170711_075014.thumb.jpg.05e5cd5ce259a6f5140fc892fec7b8a3.jpg

20170711_075432.thumb.jpg.2cf79d29306864da12ab6b21d3988306.jpg

Grip by Alma

I have tungsten guide rod, base plate and optic mount from Springer.

CELTS trigger by Greyguns

RHT holster

So far I am very impressed with this gun.

Ilike it- so mag well off for CO- correct? And what about the 21 round mags- not good to go? Need to buy 17 round ones? Or just change mag pad?

Ill have to get in touch with Alma- possible grip job.

Edited by Rolex
Spelling

On 7/18/2017 at 3:21 PM, bossgvr4 said:

According to Todd Safly (a reputable Sig Dealer) forthcoming shipments of the X-Five ARE coming with a black (he did not specify SS or Carbon) barrel.

Got mine this week- the barrel is black.

On 6/23/2017 at 8:39 PM, Mig9 said:

I tried mine today with a 14# and a 13# spring. My loads are about 132 pf. 

In fast shooting the second round was hitting low with the 14#. With the 13# a little bit high. I may be getting too precise and I may have made unconscious adjustments, but Im curious about trying a 14# with some coil cut off. I THINK Yong Lee or Max Michel usd a 14 with one coil cut. This is new to me, does anyone have advice based on experience on how much I should cut a 14# to get it around 13.5? I'm trying to avoid buying a bunch of springs. Thanks!

How did you come? I shoot the same power factor. About to start experimenting with the same issue. 

3 hours ago, B_gibbons28 said:

How did you come? I shoot the same power factor. About to start experimenting with the same issue. 

Funny to read that now. Im using the 11# and it's definitely the right one for me. 

Not shooting the X5 for a while since I'm not sure how long the upgrade process will take and I have some matches starting in December. Its too bad I love the gun. Haven't requested the upgrade but plan to. 

Any update on the sight adj. issue?
What issue ... Mine needed to have the rear adjusted high and right to zero but was fine. I didn't like that way so got a shorter front and offset the front to the left a bit. My rear is now damn near centered and almost bottomed out. Both setups are fine, one just matches my preferences

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Any news on when this pistol will be released in .40? I have a FS 9mm for work and I really like it, but don't want to be shooting it all the time potentially causing damage. I figure if I'm getting another one, may as well be a different model.