Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate optic mount on TS Orange?

Rudukai13

I've been doing a bit of research on the TS Orange but haven't been able to find an answer to this specific question - Would an optic mount meant for the Czechmate bolt up to a TS Orange where the frame is already drilled and tapped for the TS Orange's thumb rest?

I would REALLY like a TS Orange  with a frame-mounted optic, but I REALLY don't want to have to get a frame custom drilled and tapped...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I'd prefer not to have to do any custom drilling - Would like a bolt-on solution.

It appears from the research I've done CZ basically just used the Czechmate frame for the TSO, including the three holes and the frame relief cut where the Czechmate has its optic mount attached. It's somewhat hidden underneath the thumb rest of the TSO, but remove that and you've got a factory mounting location for the optic mount, as evidenced in this video;

Purchase a TSO, remove thumb rest, purchase optic mount from CZ, and bolt on to the TSO frame. Done and done.

15 hours ago, adamge said:

Or purchase a Czechmate and put on the limited muzzle cap to remove the compensator.

True, but there are advantages to the TSO frame. 1) the TSO frame is checkered, where the CM frame isn't, where it has useless bumps to replicate checkering, which actually are useless. 2) the TSO frame is slightly longer, helping with recoil control if non compensated 3) the trigger guard looks way better on the TSO :) 4) TSO is a lot cheaper, especially if you do not require the gun to be compensated. 

Cost is a big factor in steering away from the Czechmate. What I'm looking for is a 9 minor (factory ammo) pistol with a frame-mounted optic, without a compensator for 3 gun, steel, and just fun at the range. Since I'd never really use the Czechmate to it's full potential with comp/Major ammo, I can't justify nearly double the expense.

I'm now stuck deciding between a CZ TSO and a Tanfo Limited, and it will likely come down to which one is more readily available...

I'm not "in it to win it", just to have fun and have something a bit different.

i would also like to be able to use this platform as my "nightstand resident" home defense option, and running a comp adds more bulk/complexity.

On 1/26/2017 at 3:48 PM, chipu12 said:

still on topic...that means i can install a C-More Cheely 90 degrees mount for the Czechmate on the TSO ?

Thanks,Chip

That's the mount I bought... Bolts up perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

remember the TSO has a higher slide profile than the Czechmate.

the CM is tri-top and does not have the rib like the TSO does.

so depending on how close the mount is to the slide on the CM, it may not clear the TSO slide.

17 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

The OEM upright Slideride mount from CZ should fit though, correct?

I did a quick check, but did not pull the thumb rest off. but it did not look like it would clear.

3 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

Well damn...Which part seemed like it would interfere? The middle rib or the overall profile of the slide?

Would you possibly be willing to try actually mounting it up and post pics of what keeps it from fitting...?

I don't have the Slide ride yet, but I have the 90 degree mount.  Tomorrow, I'll mount it and take some photos.  I never even considered that the TSO slide may be taller.

3 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

Well damn...Which part seemed like it would interfere? The middle rib or the overall profile of the slide?

Would you possibly be willing to try actually mounting it up and post pics of what keeps it from fitting...?

Its the rib on ths Slide.

The CM slide Is tri-tpped so Is lower than TSO

8 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

Hmm...Well hopefully at least some mount will work with the TSO, even if it's the 90 degree mount. Otherwise that kind of scratches the TSO off my list of possibilities :unsure:

I'll get some pics tonight.  I had planned to mount an optic on this for 3-Gun Open Division.