Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

When I shot this match previously we had to turn in a form with the serial numbers of the guns that we were bringing on post.  I haven't seen any emails or anything with this form, does anyone have any information on it?  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Absolutely fantastic match!  It is on my must-attend list for 2018.  The stages were fun, interesting, and a very nice variety.  No memories stages, only a few decisions to be made, but still enough movement and positions to keep it interesting.  MWR and AMU were great and everything was well thought out: from the shooters bags, match books, the cleanliness of the range, to the food, and prize table.  The RO's inexperience in action shooting did show every once and awhile, but Daniel, Joel, Tyler, Kyle, etc. were all on top of any issues super fast.  Would have enjoyed some further rifle targets, but you gotta make do with what you have.  Best overall match I have shot in years so I will take extra care to thank all of the sponsors and every helper to ensure they put it on again next year.

I'll also note, I'm not a big fan of on-off format for matches where there are actual activities (Benning has infantry museum, downtown Columbus) but with the stage resetters, we were done shooting by 2pm everyday!

Made it home late this morning. Had a miserable showing as far as the shooting but had a fantastic time anyway. Stages were excellent as one would expect. The people on the squad I was on were great. I look forward to heading out again next year. As for shooting a clay bird flipped in the air with a pistol, YES! That shot I got, it was worth the trip, not too many places you'll get to do that!

Thank you to the US Army,  the AMU, the OCS and all the LTs that were out setting steel and pasting targets. Thank you for everything.

A big Thank You to the USAMU, MWR and sponsors for making this match happen again! I was happy to see it go back to a three day event. For a bay match, this one is fantastic! Once again, the stage designers made great uses of the facilities, the stages were fun and challenging (bringing back a boat stage was cool), the food was good and the ammo cans made for the coolest match goodie bags that I have ever received. It was nice to have such an awesome prize table again too! From my experience, the match ran really smooth. 

In the future, I would like to see the AK stage gun come back (at least 10 rds on auto), maybe everyone get 5 rds on a 50 cal M2, shooting from a moving vehicle, go back to Buchanan range, Stryker or Bradley ride, etc. The movie themed stages were ok, but I used to enjoy honoring the CMH recipients at each stage and military themed stages, Ft. Benning is just so steeped in history.

Thanks again! I will be back next year!

Hurley

5 minutes ago, Benning said:

The Fort Benning Multi-Gun Challenge will be held 15-18 Nov 2018.  15th is Check in, zero day and time to look at the stages. 

I will be there!

Everyone please go thank the sponsors and spend your money with them, and let them know you are sending business their way because they support great matches.  Hopefully next year's table will be as good or better, but we have to do our job.  Thanks to the hard work of Benning MWR for organizing those sponsors.