Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Could this be the next gun to rule Production?

Will it rule production? Who knows... It is only initially being offered with a shorter barrel 4.25". If they later came out with a longer barreled version and any sort of aftermarket (factory trigger pull weight is pretty high), I could see it getting some traction. I know for a long time there didn't exist a steel framed stricker fired pistol, I for one always wanted one, and soon we will have one. I'm exited to check one out when they make it to the wild!!!

Lots of interesting videos are showing up on you tube from shot show of people checking out and shooting this gun. Seems to be VERY flat shooting, with its weight and low bore axis. The low guide rod design and strange barrel lug system concern me though...

I had the same idea at about the same time around 3 years ago, to come up with a striker fired 1911. Part of me wonders if I could have pulled off anything as substantial as these guys have in such little time if I had tried. Gotta give them props for what they have accomplished!

• 6 months later...

That looks like a lot of fitting or very expensive machines to assemble into anything accurate. They will probably bring the price up once the get them out to show what we hope they can do. It would be cool if they could get it lighter.

Can the mainspring housing be changed out like a 1911 to take an arched MSH and magwell combo?  If so, I'd be more interested.  Might Have some potential as a Carry Optic platform  too...

Edited by jkrispies

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/09/2017 at 4:13 PM, EngineerEli said:

I know for a long time there didn't exist a steel framed stricker fired pistol, I for one always wanted one, and soon we will have one.

If you are willing  to open your check book wide enough there does exist an option for a steel framed striker fired high cap pistol the H&K p7m13.  (i think its even on the production legal list)

I ran HK P7 M13s when production started. Had 5 of them.

The problem now is parts...hard to find and replace. The gun has not been manufactured for close to 20 years.

But, it is fun :D

On 8/23/2017 at 11:36 AM, EngineerEli said:

Para LDA 18.9..... Check it out...

I am familiar with the LDA.   But not exactly what I had in mind.   I'm thinking the DA/SA you get in a Shadow or Stock 2,  5-6 lb first followed by short travel and short reset 2 lb