Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New XDm OSP with Vortex Venom

liontribe

just picked up this little fella a couple of weeks back.  shoots very nice as is, will be great with a few tweaks.  can anyone point me in the direction of some tall iron sights for this set-up.  obligatory pics of the new toy.

liontribe

http://i.imgur.com/GGVCRza.jpg?1[/img]

http://i.imgur.com/2imWnRJ.jpg?1[/img]

Dawson precision makes co-witness sights, .395" rear matched with .370" front.  Recommend measuring the height of your optic to verify it will work before making the purchase, not sure how tall the venom sits on an OSP model.  I think there is value added in a co-witness setup for defensive purposes, but I do not co-witness my competition pistols.

• 1 month later...

I installed the Dawson co-witness sights on my OSP. They work well with the Vortex Viper I'm using. The Viper is lower profile that the Venom, but I think they will still work. So far, I'm really enjoying this pistol.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2016 at 4:30 AM, JWard79 said:

Dawson precision makes co-witness sights, .395" rear matched with .370" front.  Recommend measuring the height of your optic to verify it will work before making the purchase, not sure how tall the venom sits on an OSP model.  I think there is value added in a co-witness setup for defensive purposes, but I do not co-witness my competition pistols.

Agree... Definitely wouldn't want a red FO co witnessed front sight, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running a Viper on my OSP. I wanted cowitness sights. First, I tried Dawson's .395 rear. It wasn't tall enough to see above the back of the red dot. Exchanged that set for their next option which is a .500 rear. It works with .475 FO front. Bytheway, getting the factory front sight off was a bear. I've replaced several factory sights on different brands and holy cow that was press fit super tight.

• 3 weeks later...

i am just about to order those same irons for mine.  i will just cut the old sights out with a foredom tool.  i make knives for a living, so cutting out some irons should be no problem if i am careful and go slow.  over the years i have learned to use a rotary tool like a scalpel.  although, i am kinda interested in the new Shield RMS.  it is supposed to have a very low profile on the slide, so you can use factory height sights.   too many choices is better than not enough, i guess.  thanks for all the info, fellas.  really liking this XDm so far.  was at the range with it this week, and the more i shoot it, the more i like it.

liontribe