Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Let's see some pcc's

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, bmiller said:

I have been testing the limits of sanity on mag well size too.  This I for a buddies PSA with a bolt hold open.  I'll cut it out of nylon or aluminum if he likes it.

image.jpeg

make the outside nicer.....design it so it is friction fit and print it out of TPU

It would probably work with this lower design, there is a pronounced lip to grab on. I had good results with the semi flex.  I have not tried it in 1.75 mm only 3 mm.  I when I spoke to the ninja flex rep he just referred to it as urethane.  Didn't know if TPU was much different.  There pronounced difference between flex and semi-flex in my old printer.  

The magwell shown on mine (third post of this thread) is one of bmiller's creations. 

It is machined from nylon and works great on my psa colt lower.  It is nearly a press fit, but I use nylon screws to keep it locked on. 

Here's mine

><a  href=http://forums.brianenos.com/uploads/monthly_2016_12/585f2db28bfd7_2016-12-2420_26_27.jpg.5946f13146635c4f0b6e09a8008629ea.jpg' alt='585f2db28bfd7_2016-12-2420_26_27.jpg.5946f13146635c4f0b6e09a8008629ea.jpg'>

What but pad/stock is that?

my9mm.thumb.jpg.6495a0dad571a26d6134db20f27e6bd1.jpg

Here is my latest PCC rifle for the 2017 competition. Now, I’m an old man, not near as fast as I once was so I am pretty sure I will be battling it out for top of middle of the pack.

For the Lower, I went with the QuarterCircle10 lower that uses Colt magazines. I also have a lower from New Frontier Armory that takes Glock magazines, but I am giving the reliability nod to the true double stack Colt style magazines. In the lower, presently there is a triggertech triger……but we are going to go with KNS Accessories Mfg. anti-walk pins and we’ll be putting a HIPERFIRE Eclipse Trigger that is just down right beautiful and sexy to pull all day long….short reset and very light. Works well with the 9mm upper. I went with Hogue Inc for the furniture, the collapsible stock is smooth and is tight to the tube with no wobble. The buffer system is a ULW TACCOM set up that we’ve been working on and will be available very soon. Of course, having the Taccom, LLC magazine funnel is really a magazine magnet……missing a mag change is nearly impossible.

On the upper……you can see the New Frontier side charger which I really like, however this will eventually be switched out for a standard upper and a Trojan Firearms LLC side charging handle. After seeing it and working with it some at the 2017 shot show I am convinced that it is MORE than strong enough and is not a flimsy gimmick…….it’s an absolute have to have upgrade in my opinion. Putting a JP Enterprises 9mm Bolt in was the only way to go, may as well put the best in the critical area of the PCC. For a barrel I am running TACCOM’s ULW 9mm barrel which comes in at just over 1 pound. It is a legal 16” barrel with 7 inches of effective rifling and a ventilated, pinned and welded steel shroud. The hand guard also comes from TACCOM, is 14” long and 1.6” dia making it a small fore end to grab on to and very light. In fact, the barrel and hand guard, or…..think of it this way….the weight in front of the magazine is just under 1.5 pounds and boy does this thing swing fast!!

Scopes and red dots are such a personal preference and in that area I went with a Leupold prismatic sight.

Total weight of this build with optics are just under 5 ¼ pounds and with coupling the the fore mentioned barrel with the TACCOM ULW buffer system shooting factory 115gr ammo it is by far one of the softest 9mm’s I’ve shot. Sight stays on target with fast reset and follow up shots. In the near future I will be testing this system with the tradition 124’s and 147’s and one non traditional 90 grain ammo that is just making minor out of the barrel……it’s running at 1400fps and maybe we’ll see even less movement with the lighter bullet and really snappy too.

This carbine is ready for prime time!!!

Upper is mine and is a PSA lower with a hyperfire 24C trigger and matrix side charger upper. Wilson stainless 16" barrel turned down to .600 full length,UTG pro handguard. Very light and swings pretty fast.

Lower one is my better halfs, PSA lower with gisslie trigger and NFA side charger upper with LRBHO. KAW 16 barrel. 

Built the lower one first and Marie loved it so much she did not want to share so I had to build my own lol.

pcc-1.jpg

Here's one of mine. Gun Point dedicated 9 mm billet lower, Vltor MUR upper, CMMG bolt, YHM barrel, AXTS Talon 45 deg. ambi safety, AXTS Raptor Charging

handle, Magpul stock, Ergo grip. Just ordered a C-more for it. 9000 rounds through it since November. Yea, I like shoo58a76b7a88985_IMG_20170217_161538737forty.jpg.858886d96aa1c056a15e27370fc8541d.jpgting it.

One Colt mag unit with RRA magwell insert, Matrix Arms side charging upper the other an ATI (NFA made I believe) with NFA side charging upper.

Nothing special, but they both work well, so there's that. The Colt magazine upper uses a Wilson Arms barrel, only complaint I have about that is the roll marks at 12:00, and at the muzzle end of the barrel. Had to buy a 15" handguard to cover them up. 

Colt uses STS sight, ATI uses Bushnell TRS25. I have no preference, though the STS dot does seem brighter. 

Don't you just love those California Special grip sleeves...

COMPLETED 01 SMALL.jpg

COMPLETED 02 SMALL.jpg