Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taccom "Couplers"

I've made up a list of things to look for when assembling the Glock Splice......and on another note, people that have had good luck with splicing 2 33 rounders are using the 23 coils extra power spring

592c51ca6f28f_glockchamfer.thumb.png.27f47e8a261b98483c0586aafdbd63c7.png

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"we've not seen any come back as of yet, but suspect that maybe some have issues and all but given up hope"

Yup, that's me :).  I did everything with assembly like in that video and didn't over tighten the screws.  Only thing I can think of is maybe I didn't chamfer enough?  Do you have a picture of an actual mag showing what your chamfering looks like?  That might help me compare to what I did.  Thanks

6 hours ago, Southpaw said:

"we've not seen any come back as of yet, but suspect that maybe some have issues and all but given up hope"

Yup, that's me :).  I did everything with assembly like in that video and didn't over tighten the screws.  Only thing I can think of is maybe I didn't chamfer enough?  Do you have a picture of an actual mag showing what your chamfering looks like?  That might help me compare to what I did.  Thanks

I don't at the moment.

But if you can load it.......but it still gets hung up about in the area where the follower is coming back thru the joint......you probably need to chamfer the back of the mag more.

Also,.......some people have notched the sides of the internal lock plate......if you look up in the magazine you will see a rib on either side, I've personally not had any issues......but it's yet another task you can try.

Tim

Edited by TRUBL
6 hours ago, Southpaw said:

I don't at the moment.

But if you can load it.......but it still gets hung up about int he area where the follower is coming back thru the joint......you probably need to chamfer the back of the mag more.

Also,.......some people have notched the sides of the internal lock plate......if you look up in the magazine you will see a rib on either side, I've personally not had any issues......but it's yet another task you can try.

Tim

Hello: I tried the coupler out today on my Metalform Colt mags. 32 round on top and 20 round on the bottom, factory springs with the long spring in the 20 round body. I ran 200 rounds through it and not one problem at all with 50 rounds in there. Did some drills with it and it is a little long but not bad. Thanks, Eric

• 2 weeks later...

I have both tf and tacom neither are reliable. Beyond the stock mag capacity.  The additional rounds stand straight up in gun. All glock factory mags run great in the same gun. The extended ones I have are useless.

Edited by Odawgp

2x 32rd Metalform Colt mags run great with this coupler!

I left one locking plate on, removed the other, then bent the end of the 2nd spring in so it would contact the locking plate of the 1st, wrapping around the locking lug.

Loads to 64rds and works w/no issue.

Edited by mahamoti

I have had three of the couplers since they came out. I wanted them for a 40S&W build in PCC that I did right before the division was accepted. They would not work with the 22rnd and the 15rnd mags coupled. I have since put the ETS 30 mags on top of glock17 mags and they have work flawlessly

Dave.  

21 hours ago, Odawgp said:

I have both tf and tacom neither are reliable. Beyond the stock mag capacity.  The additional rounds stand straight up in gun. All glock factory mags run great in the same gun. The extended ones I have are useless.

I'm going to bet that you have an NFA or PSA lower or some sort of clone......

I tried one to join a 20 and a 32 round Metalform Colt style magazine. Both were used magazines that were flawless in factory form. Put the 32 on the bottom and the short spring into the 32 round tube. Running the follower up and down with a paint stirrer stick, the follower would catch on the down stroke, but never up. Disassembled and put a heavy 45 degree chamfer on the front and rear bottom edges of the follower. Reassembled and the follower ran smoothly. 52 rounds load easily with a Lula. 

Off to the range. Rifle is a RRA factory gun with a Geissele SSA.

First round stripped from the magazine and loaded every time. Unfortunately, there was at least 1 and often several failures to feed in the first ten rounds of each trial. Trials stopped after a double feed that needed a bench and tools to clear.

The magazine had no failures in the final 40 rounds during any of the trials. 

My my theory is that the springs aren't strong enough to lift that heavy stack of bullets while the bolt is back. Lighten the stack to 40 rounds and all is well. Going to swap out the the spring from the 20 round magazine with another 32 and try again. 

My biggest problem is why use them.. imo they look stupid with coupler.. and why would you need that many rounds for one stage? 

I shot the SNS400 this weekend. They had a 50 round stage. I was shooting open, so I had to reload, but if I was shooting my MPX this is a stage where the spliced mags would have been nice to avoid the reload.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 hours ago, imashooter2 said:

I tried one to join a 20 and a 32 round Metalform Colt style magazine. Both were used magazines that were flawless in factory form. Put the 32 on the bottom and the short spring into the 32 round tube. Running the follower up and down with a paint stirrer stick, the follower would catch on the down stroke, but never up. Disassembled and put a heavy 45 degree chamfer on the front and rear bottom edges of the follower. Reassembled and the follower ran smoothly. 52 rounds load easily with a Lula. 

Off to the range. Rifle is a RRA factory gun with a Geissele SSA.

First round stripped from the magazine and loaded every time. Unfortunately, there was at least 1 and often several failures to feed in the first ten rounds of each trial. Trials stopped after a double feed that needed a bench and tools to clear.

The magazine had no failures in the final 40 rounds during any of the trials. 

My my theory is that the springs aren't strong enough to lift that heavy stack of bullets while the bolt is back. Lighten the stack to 40 rounds and all is well. Going to swap out the the spring from the 20 round magazine with another 32 and try again. 

Hello: Try the 20 rounder on the bottom and keep the springs switched and try it again. Mine has been running great in this setup for over 300 rounds now. I leave the base plate on the 32 round spring and remove the one on the 20 round spring. I know another guy who is running two 32 round Metalform mags and his runs great also. I did not over tighten the screws on the coupler. Just snug not super tight. I only load mine to 48-50 rounds so that maybe why? Thanks, Eric

14 hours ago, TeedOff said:

I shot the SNS400 this weekend. They had a 50 round stage. I was shooting open, so I had to reload, but if I was shooting my MPX this is a stage where the spliced mags would have been nice to avoid the reload.

I was there!  Good match!  That stage was fun!

I use it on every 32+ stage.  Why would you not?  I get 37 with my extended 31 round mag, and yes it's enough for most stages, but the extra rounds don't slow you down.  Do I need them?  Nope!  However, it's sure nice when you're facing long steel.  You do not wanna reload a PCC.  

It's ugly, but it's also $30 delivered.  The Taylor Freelance is more $$, and some people seem to have troubles with them.

As far as looking stupid.  C'mon...  I'm already running around carrying a rifle!  Plus, we all look like Batman wanna be's with these belts loaded up.  

As far as looking stupid.  C'mon...  I'm already running around carrying a rifle!  Plus, we all look like Batman wanna be's with these belts loaded up.

Dammit! I was taking a swig of my diet Dr Pepper when I read that. Now it's all over my keyboard. Grrrrr!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2017 at 7:19 AM, TRUBL said:

I'm going to bet that you have an NFA or PSA lower or some sort of clone......

it is a Tresna defense, has a feed ramp on it. all factory mags of any length run 100% 

i am also having issues with TF extension.  but in a different way

Edited by Odawgp
On 6/12/2017 at 8:45 AM, longbeard said:

I was there!  Good match!  That stage was fun!

I use it on every 32+ stage.  Why would you not?  I get 37 with my extended 31 round mag, and yes it's enough for most stages, but the extra rounds don't slow you down.  Do I need them?  Nope!  However, it's sure nice when you're facing long steel.  You do not wanna reload a PCC.  

It's ugly, but it's also $30 delivered.  The Taylor Freelance is more $$, and some people seem to have troubles with them.

about the same as reloading an ar15 or and open gun. usually plenty of time to do it somewhere 

22 hours ago, Odawgp said:

about the same as reloading an ar15 or and open gun. usually plenty of time to do it somewhere 

given the option......NO RELOAD, period......yeah plenty of time, time added to the timer.

44 minutes ago, TRUBL said:

given the option......NO RELOAD, period......yeah plenty of time, time added to the timer.

This.

In PCC division there is no capacity limit. Reloading is not part of that division.  I'm not sure why you wouldn't use that to your advantage.