Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revo Pin Guns, let's see them....

wheelie66

Our local range runs a man on man match, 5 pins each at 10 yards with the pins set near the front of a 36" deep 96" wide steel table, first five pins on the floor wins. most weeks are outlaw, any handgun allowed, One week per month you are limited to iron sights only. I fire a 440 grain out of my 500 loaded to 1200 fps when I want to make a lot of noise, 240 grains SWC out of my 44, 255 SWV or 260 gr flat point out of the 45 and 240 grain  in a 38 special case out of my 627s.  Will submit pics after I resize them

New Photos 005.JPG

New Photos 006.JPG

Edited by 357454

8 minutes ago, 357454 said:

Our local range runs a man on man match, 5 pins each at 10 yards with the pins set near the front of a 36" deep 96" wide steel table, first five pins on the floor wins. most weeks are outlaw, any handgun allowed, One week per month you are limited to iron sights only. I fire a 440 grain out of my 500 loaded to 1200 fps when I want to make a lot of noise, 240 grains SWC out of my 44, 255 SWV or 260 gr flat point out of the 45 and 240 grain  in a 38 special case out of my 627s.  Will submit pics after I resize them

New Photos 005.JPG

New Photos 006.JPG

Pics of my pin loads 

New Photos 007.JPG

For iron sighted revolver div, I think the M625 .45ACP is perfect. 

image?view=image&format=raw&type=img&id=

Our matches are also shooter vs shooter.  We shoot at 25 feet (which, if I remember right, was the "original" distance at Second Chance.)  The table tops are 4'x8' steel; pins placed one foot from front edge. 

Knocking a pin 3' requires (in my opinion) bullet weight - not necessarily high velocity.  Some guys do love to shoot full .44Mag loads - and they ARE effective - but a 45ACP with a standard velocity 230 gr bullet does just fine (and allows quicker shot-to-shot recovery.) 

641.JPG

Edited by varminter22

I was shooting .45ACP 230 Hornady JFP from 25 feet until I found a spent bullet on the ground behind the firing line.  It could have ONLY come from one place.

I then moved firing line back to the 15 yard line which is the distance some pin matches are/were fired from, and I think I know why:)

• 2 weeks later...

Start one yourself!  "Build it and they will come"!!!

I started pin matches here in 2004, and we've been doing it ever since.  If you can find a suitable range, it really isn't that hard to do.  And I would be happy to email/telephone hints/tips/flyer/etc.  Steel plate matches immediately followed.  Then came USPSA and ICORE.  And occasional rifle matches.  Its been a great success.