Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

320 Thumb Safety

BASE772

That's my understanding as well. Mass. compliant Compact models with 10 round mags had been shipping but it doesn't seem like a whole lot are out there. I tried the ones that had at Shot Show and was impressed with how the safety felt. It would be relatively simple to use that FCU along with a full size slide and grip. I think it would just take a small amount of grip modification. 

12 hours ago, alma said:

That's my understanding as well. Mass. compliant Compact models with 10 round mags had been shipping but it doesn't seem like a whole lot are out there. I tried the ones that had at Shot Show and was impressed with how the safety felt. It would be relatively simple to use that FCU along with a full size slide and grip. I think it would just take a small amount of grip modification. 

Good to know. 

Thanks. 

9 hours ago, GordySig said:

They are out there. Here is mine with subcompact frame and full size frame. I just installed Trigicon HDs on the SC and the full size slide is at Hayes Custom Guns for an RMR mount.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

Nice! Thanks for sharing.  Is the safety ambi?

Edited by BASE772

53 minutes ago, alma said:

Thanks for sharing. I suspected that this would be compatible with other grips and slides once you made the proper grip cuts. 

The safety is ambi 

Yes very compatible. With A little measuring, marking the right spot, the cut outs are pretty straight forward. I waited a long time for a manual safety model. I am used to the 1911 platform and wanted to keep the sane muscle memory. So far I am very please and the trigger has smoothed out over 500 rounds. 

7 hours ago, GordySig said:

Yes very compatible. With A little measuring, marking the right spot, the cut outs are pretty straight forward. I waited a long time for a manual safety model. I am used to the 1911 platform and wanted to keep the sane muscle memory. So far I am very please and the trigger has smoothed out over 500 rounds. 

The trigger is the same right?  ( As far as how many pounds) Just has the thumb safety. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2016 at 7:52 PM, Magsz said:

How do you like the placement of the safety?

Does it activate like a 1911 or more like a CZ (ie oddly).

It operates very much like a 1911 and in the same area of the gun. I have not had any hands on with the CZ. The engagement is very solid and has a positive click There is a little more reach in a full size application but easy to operate in a subcompact and compact configuration. The below pic is in a full size config.

orig.jpg

• 6 months later...

This is very interesting. I've been waiting for the full size 320 with the thumb safety to come out. I know where I can get a P320 C with a thumb safety, but I didn't know if I could get a large grip that would fit the thumb safety frame. Who did you get the full size grip, slide and barrel from? If you don't mind me asking.

Any of the P320 frames will accommodate the thumb safety...if you cut the slots yourself. I just got a full size exchange kit and cut the frame for the safety. I don't believe they offer a full size with manual safety yet or if they will ever.