Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The 2017 USPSA Illinois Sectional match location and dates have been identified. Thanks to the Board and members of CIPSC in Havana Illinois for allowing us to use their range. The match will be scheduled the weekend of August 12th and 13th of 2017 (with staff shooting on the 11th). "Official" announcement is in the works. This is just an unofficial heads up so you can mark your calendars.

Keep an eye on the Facebook page for additional details that will be coming:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/304097216385094/

Thanks!
Ryan Clouse - Match Director
Kyle Smith - Assistant Match Director
Eric Griggs - Range Master

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, aandabooks said:

Definately on the calendar.. Just hoping not to DQ out of this one.  AJ and I will be there.

Thanks for volunteering.  Really missed having a IL Sectional to shoot last year.

Good to hear.  (That you and AJ will be there, not that you DQ'd).  On the plus side, you won the Ford Custom firearm.  That was a pretty sweet rig.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Edmooberry said:

Have there been any updates to the match? I saw the Facebook link but it won't let you view the group without having an account.

Not sure what link you are referring to. All links seem active. There isn't a registration link yet. We anticipate registration to be going live early 2017. Right now working on stage design, sponsors, getting ready for registration to go live. Should be making an update to Facebook again soon. Right now, no real new news. Things are progressing. 

Swordfish,

You just have to have the firearms unloaded and in a case in your vehicle.  Ammo must be stored separate from your case.  If you are not an Illinois resident, you do not need to have anything special (i.e. FOID card) to bring a firearm into the state. 

And that's a negative on ban mags.  We're still a kinda-sorta free state!

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 7:13 AM, Edmooberry said:

Swordfish,

You just have to have the firearms unloaded and in a case in your vehicle.  Ammo must be stored separate from your case.  If you are not an Illinois resident, you do not need to have anything special (i.e. FOID card) to bring a firearm into the state. 

And that's a negative on ban mags.  We're still a kinda-sorta free state!

Good to know

• 3 weeks later...

The match hotel is the Canton Harvester Inn in Canton, IL, about 30 minutes from the range. Use group code 817SEC when booking for a discount. All rooms have two king beds.

Please comment here or email 2017illinoissectional@Gmail.com if we can help with any questions.

Www.cantonharvesterinn.com

16 hours ago, LeviSS said:

What's the cheapest hotel room?

At the hotel posted above, all rooms are the same rate, $139 + tax with match discount.  There are other hotels in Canton (30 minutes from range) and a few in Havana itself (5 minutes from range) that may be cheaper. I created the room block there as that is where we're putting the staff up and we wanted to make sure we took care of them, particularly those traveling to help with the match  If you need assistance locating another hotel in the area, please don't hesitate to email 2017illinoissectional@gmail.com or send me a PM on here.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to announce that Ray Hirst's Range Master Steel will be a stage sponsor at the Sectional. An entire stage will be comprised of all Range Master Steel equipment. This stuff is amazing. Some of his new recent designs that are being developed will be there as well.

Thanks!

image1 (1).JPG

Edited by TheSandMan491

Big thanks to TechwearUSA for becoming a stage sponsor for the Sectional. For those that don't have a shooting jersey or other Techwear products, they are fantastic. They've contributed a very nice sponsor package for the match and attendees

image1 (2).JPG

Edited by TheSandMan491

Wilson Combat has become a Stage Sponsor for the 2017 SNS Casting Illinois USPSA Sectional. 

They have contributed some competitor items and a lot of their performance parts for a custom build that is being done by another sponsor (who will be announced in a couple days).  I can tell you that the build for the match will be nothing short of amazing. Details and announcements in that regard will be coming soon.

IMG_0040.JPG