• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stage 4 is illegal as you can't mandate a stance (all shots must come from see-saw with both feet touching prop). You can state that all shots must come from on top of See-Saw, but you can't mandate that both fee have to be touching the prop. For example, if a shooter is standing on top of the See-saw with one foot and the other foot is in the air, that is legal because you can't mandate a stance.

Check out rule 1.1.5 as it clearly states you can't mandate a stance.

Thats why I specified these were rough.  The one in question has a fault line around the see saw.  You can shoot one footed if you like, but any contact with the ground is outside the shooting area..  Please review these as rough drafts.  The finals will be in the match book and will be validated for all of the information, etc..

Also, one thing to note, and this will be specified and reiterated at check-in.  Stages will NOT be available for walking until AFTER the shooting is complete each day.  Anyone physically on a stage during competition that is not shooting in that scheduled rotation will be warned.  If they have to be reminded again, they will get to go home..  There are many reasons for this, but mainly because we are not going to play the "waiting for people just walking through" game when it's the squads turn to take a look and preliminary walk through during the match.  This includes Thursday during the staff shoot.  I am hoping for a 3-4pm finish time so we can get you all out there and wandering uninhibited. 

Mike

I can understand why you would want to restrict shooters on a later schedule from "Hogging" walk through time from shooters on the primary schedule. But is that really a "problem"? Why can't the stage RO's simply tell the shooters walking the stage to "Beat It" once a squad comes to shoot the stage? This has worked well at pretty much all of the majors I have attended all across the nation.

You will spend more time policing the "No walking until its over" situation verses telling the few inconsiderate shooters to "Beat It" when needed.

I also want to point out that these kind of strange access restrictions should be communicated to the competitors months before the start of the match so they can book their travel plans accordingly. For example, if I would have known that I can't walk the stages until after 3 - 4 PM I wouldn't have booked my flight to get there in the morning. Now its too late to make any flight changes without incurring penalties. 

So you were going to walk the stages all day long?   Yes, it has been a problem in the past couple matches I have shot, a huge problem.  Stage props were moved at the last Sectional I shot which changed the stage significantly but wasn't caught until halfway through the next squad. Nobody said you can't watch the staff shoot, nobody said you can't see the stages up close and personal, I am however saying that you cannot enter the stage shooting area until after folks are done shooting for the day. Doesn't seem that unreasonable to me. Trust me Mr Perez, hopefully someone that thinks they can do it better should take over the position for next year as the pay and benefits suck. :)  

If you have a few shooters changing stages intentionally then they need to be DQed for unsportsmanlike conduct. It doesn't take many of those DQ's to correct the "problem". 

Or you can punish everyone for the inappropriate actions of a few. 

You are the boss so it's your match to run any way you like. But I am sure I won't be the only one balking at the unrealistic stage walking restrictions.

The MD job can be made as difficult as you want it to be based on the decisions you make. 

I am sorry you feel that way.  That last line is somewhat out of character from when I met you at my Sectional, which ironically had the same policy, but it didn't seem like a big deal to you then.  You are right, the MD position can be as difficult as you make it.  Being a competitor can be as difficult as you make it as well..

The Match Book for the Area 4 Championship will be posted on the website today as well as distributed via social media (FaceBook in-particular)  The attachment is too large for the forum here but if you would like a copy, shoot me an email at area4@uspsa.org and I will try and get it sent out.  Best bet is to check the website tonight and see it live and in living color...  Please enjoy.. 

As noted, Thursday, Friday and Saturday AM squads will have a short 10 minute meeting at 7:30am.  Saturday Afternoon squads will have theirs at 11:30.  All of the meetings will take place at the west end of the big tent.  Please make sure to check in at registration (north side of the main clubhouse) before proceeding to the range.  There is a mandatory waiver for anyone entering the range that must be signed (USSA Rules)..

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you all next week!!

Mike

I have a question about the squad matrix. On Practiscore my squad, 304, is listed as a pm/am squad, implying a two day format.

In the match book squad 304 is shown shooting the match all day on Sunday. The 3-series of squads having Sunday/Sunday written for both days.

So am I shooting a pm Sat and am Sun schedule or am I shooting all day on Sunday? Thank you for clarifying this.

Edited by rowdyb

The new version has been submitted for posting.  I apologize folks, between trying to make accommodations for our Houston shooters and putting the finishing touches on things, we missed a typo or two.  It should be good to go now. Please bring Chad and I plenty of Sugar Free Red Bulls!! :)

101-110 - Friday all day, starting at 8:00am

201-210 - Saturday morning starting at 8:00am, 6 stages.  Starting last 6 stages on Sunday at 12:00pm

301-310 - Saturday afternoon starting at 12:00pm, 6 stages.  Starting Sunday morning at 8:00am for the last 6 stages.

Mike

We thought it would be pretty cool to name stages after our awesome sponsors products. There is one that's a little different but folks that know Tony at MRPS will understand. :)  I included the WSB's since they are the official stage procedures and descriptions. 

Thanks and see everyone up there next week!