Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bolo install

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured it out I believe.  I fit the extreme sear earlier with factory hammer.  I  am guessing the issue is the Titan hammer fit.  I was so darn excited to put it all together.

I probably should have fit the hammer and sear with my extreme interrupter first.

i am using extreme trigger, Henning plunger spring, OEM trigger bar, OEM sear cage, extreme sear, Titan hammer, BOLO, PD hammer spring.

Let me know if it could be anything else I am overlooking.

The trigger break and reset are freaking amazing with the BOLO though.  

thanks

When you push the plunger head down, there should not be any "zipper" feel from the machining marks on the shaft and INSIDE the head.

That really makes the trigger smooth and eliminates the need for weak plunger spring.

I fit the sear and safety.  The Titan really engages the sear differently than the factory hammer did.  Installed the factory plunger spring.  Everything is dialed in real nicely now.

went from a 15# wolf spring to a 14# PD and I am seeing an extra 2.5 inches when doing the pencil test.

Very nice!

Thanks

1 hour ago, billthemarine2862 said:

I can't believe how much better the trigger got when I put the factory plunger spring back in.  

It's amazing how I keep seeing people reluctant to go back to stock there, even though all of our Tanfoglio-whisperers are unanimous on doing so.

Glad to see you listened and that they were definitely right!

• 1 month later...

The noise or tactile nature of reset - wanting something that goes ClickPow! - is something I've never understood. Dryfire and live fire teach you where your reset point is on plastic guns, and you automatically come off of it that far plus some when shooting in USPSA. In fast shooting you're not riding the reset. You're definitely not feeling the click when the timer is running.

With a reworked Tanfo I find it to be even less of a factor. The trigger stops moving at the reset point (lack of pre travel from Bolo).

How much does the PD trigger spring help? I personally would except the PD sear spring and trigger spring to reduce pull weight around a pound. Perhaps even less... but every little bit of polishing and spring reduction adds up.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I'd add their sear spring and trigger spring to your cart whenever the firing pin is available for order.

Actually I'd add a couple of sear springs. Anytime you detail strip the gun and forget to snap the spring leg back down onto the safety, you'll bend it when you install the slide.

It'll happen sooner or later.

The optimized trigger and sear spring reduce  pull force a significant amount, but don't affect the strike force on the primer at all.  That's the best of all worlds !

46 minutes ago, NicoR said:

18 hours ago, IronArcher said:

Cool! How much of a benefit is there to the PDO trigger return spring?
Any negatives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You'll figure out that this is a grip pressure issue (strong hand tensing up when shooting fast and locking down on the trigger).

Even the strongest-clicking Glock reset on the planet won't fix your trigger freeze. Trust me. Been there. We all think a loud clicky reset is some kind of advantage for a long time.

It really doesn't change anything one way or the other: you release to the point you've learned to in dryfire and live practice - unless you get tense due to pressure to really rip that second shot.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

10 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I'd add their sear spring and trigger spring to your cart whenever the firing pin is available for order.

Actually I'd add a couple of sear springs. Anytime you detail strip the gun and forget to snap the spring leg back down onto the safety, you'll bend it when you install the slide.

It'll happen sooner or later.

Agh! Guilty as charged.  My fears were confirmed this evening when I found out I did just that - and the long leg of my sear spring is sheared off.  Luckily it doesn't affect function (it didn't even reduce my DA pull darn it), it just does not retain the thumb safety anymore which I suppose I can deal with in the short term since it does not fall out.  I have probably torn down my Stock 2 maybe three or four times now, getting a bit more confident thanks to everyone's help here.  Even had a close call where the plunger in the mag catch flew out and hit me in the eyelid...  I consider that a blessing in disguise.  Paul's youtube disassembly video helped and everytime I feel a panic attack, I take a deep breath and think in an Australian accent.

I want to go slow and have not put in the titan hammer, bolo or one piece sear.  I think a new sear spring is in order.  But I think I need to up my game since the first round of polishing and a 13 pound Wolff hammer spring is only getting me to 9.5DA & 4SA (identical to the weights before I polished and just changed springs).  But using a Henning XL firing pin I can light up CCI primers no problem. 

MemphisMechanic's 6.5DA & 3.5SA is still my goal.

MM, do you use a reduced power sear spring?  Yes I am still hung up on a tactile reset, but that's another thing I have to evaluate internally.

Does the one piece sear really contribute in reducing the DA?  Or is it for convenience and for the SA break?

Is it the Titan hammer that facilitates the need to fit a safety, or will the one piece sear alone need to be fit to a safety?

...or worse, is it a bad idea to just fit the one piece safety because if the titan hammer is installed after, it may not work in conjunction with the pre-fit one piece sear?

I suppose I can simply go down to a 10 pound hammer spring but want to do that as a last resort.  In the meantime I will reread MemphisMechanic's diary to see if I missed anything.

Sorry for playing 20 questions.  I have been reading up for 2+ weeks now so I don't try to ask questions that have already been asked, just couldn't catch the answers to these questions...  and sorry for the long post.

Edited by Sniperboy