Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just landed in Orlando and ready to ROCK the IRC this Friday. Looking  forward to seeing old friends and make some new ones.

We are leaving out driving tomorrow. Lizzie B is stoked.
ba5462bc7ddc14642309ad409bcf7575.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just landed in Tampa, looking forward to meeting some of the Enos gang!

Great match, because of screen names, we may have meet some of you guys but would t know. Lizzie B had a blast, and enjoyed meeting new people in the sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, I had a great time and enjoyed the stages Shannon put together.  Some were much harder in person than the diagrams led on, there was a lot of talk about strategy on our squad for most of them.  I'm definitely going to try and make it in 2017.  Here are some of the stages for anyone who missed it, my camera man had to leave so I only got video from Day 1.

Alec - Did you get video of yourself on Stage 6?  That time was lightning fast, I'm curious how you shot it.

- Alex 

42 minutes ago, Alaskan454 said:

Alec - Did you get video of yourself on Stage 6?  That time was lightning fast, I'm curious how you shot it.

Time: 8.95 , all alphas

Edited by alecmc

6 hours ago, Alaskan454 said:

Yeah...that was definitely a better way to shoot it.  Nice job!

thx.

I think that was the higher risk way to do it, no room for error - miss a shot or popper and your timing is off and you're boned. 

20 hours ago, alecmc said:

thx.

I think that was the higher risk way to do it, no room for error - miss a shot or popper and your timing is off and you're boned. 

Yep. I was shooting L6 and that was the way I ran it. I missed one of the poppers by a hair and it made for some scrambling to get the pickups.

That being said it was a lot of fun shooting the IRC. It was nice meeting a lot of you guys down there, and I hope to make it back next year. Watching the caliber of shooters out there has made me realize I need to put a lot more work into this to get where I want to be.

Alaskan454, it was nice having you on our squad and getting to meet you. Hopefully we'll be able to shoot more club matches together next season. Considering where you placed and how well you were shooting; it makes it that much tougher to see what happened to you on the first stage.

Thanks Revo, it was great to meet you and the other guys from IN for the first time.  Kind of ironic that it happened in Florida!  As for Stage 11...I learned more in two days about what can break on a S&W than I ever knew before going down.  So something good did come out of the experience and hopefully my gun stays in one piece next year.  

7 minutes ago, Alaskan454 said:

Thanks Revo, it was great to meet you and the other guys from IN for the first time.  Kind of ironic that it happened in Florida!  As for Stage 11...I learned more in two days about what can break on a S&W than I ever knew before going down.  So something good did come out of the experience and hopefully my gun stays in one piece next year.  

Hahaha. Yeah, I learned a lot also. Needless to say there are a few more parts I hadn't considered before going in the oops kit from now on. If we can go again next year, then I am sure it will be a better experience (no guns breaking) and more prepared in general. I know that going into this winter and next season I am going to be putting a lot more effort into my shooting.

23 minutes ago, MWP said:

What are these guns problems you fine folks speak of? 

He went to make a reload and problems ensued, by the time I saw what was happening, he had the cylinder in one hand, the rest of the gun in the other. I do think he had the fastest raw time for that stage though. He luckily had spare parts and was able to finish the rest of the match without issue.

That's exactly what happened, BossHoss was shooting with us and I believe he felt the screw backed out just enough for the plunger and spring to get loose when I opened the cylinder.  I remember checking the screws for tightness the night before but his idea seemed the most likely.