Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 work

Lhelliott

Just got my Beretta back from Steve at Rose Action Sports last week and shot a 3 gun match on Sunday. This thing might be my new favorite gun, RAS did a trigger job, internal tune, opened the magwell, welded the lifter and added flip up sight. Quad loading is now a breeze (which is helpful because I suck at quad loading). Here are some pics of the shotgun.

IMG_0528.jpg

Edited by Lhelliott

A friend and I just got our 1301s back from Steve too.  Same work and all done to perfection.

One thing that really impressed us was Steve's customer service.  He responds fully and quickly to any questions or concerns you might have and delivers exactly what he said he would and on time.  Refreshing!

My fold-up rear sight:

1301 Rear Sight.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Deathray said:

Clever, I like it.

It is clever, I really like that 90% of the time it is folded down and out of sight when you are just shooting routine steel.  BTW, the 1301 cycled the Fiocchi 1 oz, 1150 fps low recoil slug without any trouble.  I believe we also tried the 7/8 oz 1300-ish fps Fiocchi and they ran just fine as well.

• 1 month later...

That looks great. I've been telling myself my 1301 is fine without an opened loading port, but I know I'll get it done eventually.

Can I ask how much the loading port work cost, and what the turnaround was?

I just got my 1301 back from Steve having seen this thread.  I didn't do the rear sight because I was waffling on it's usefulness.  The loading port is $150 and it includes beveling the trigger guard and forearm.  His turn around time is currently 3 weeks or less.

• 1 year later...