Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Alpha Alpha-X holster

anbrumm

After I had the alpha x for about a month now. Everything is good, super solid, only problem is now every pants and shorts has bad stains from gun muzzle. Race master don't have that kind problem at all.

Sent from my SM-G935K using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:53 AM, osw333 said:

After I had the alpha x for about a month now. Everything is good, super solid, only problem is now every pants and shorts has bad stains from gun muzzle. Race master don't have that kind problem at all.

What is the difference? Did you have the muzzle attachment on the RM?

4 hours ago, dansedgli said:

There is no thigh pad so the alpha x cants towards your leg more. 

I like the upgraded bolts and ball joint for adjustment but a thigh pad would be nice. 

+1 

I think a thigh pad would be nice.

On 5/11/2017 at 6:53 AM, osw333 said:

I have dedicated pants and shorts for that reason.  I really only wear them shooting.  Theres a crazy oil stain on them but I just don't worry about it.

On 5/11/2017 at 6:53 AM, osw333 said:

Adjust the Alpha X so that your guns muzzle is further away from your pants if that's what you want...  The Alpha X has better fine adjustability than the earlier models...  That's one of its new, best selling points.

I just tried out my Alpha X for the first time in a practice session and the lower edge of the block digs into my upper thigh.  The lower inner edge of the hanger block is not rounded and after a couple hours, it becomes quite annoying.  Perhaps a I need a stiffer belt (mine is a CR) but I suspect the weight of the gun/holster will do this regardless.  So, another vote for some kind of hip/thigh pad!  Otherwise, its is more dependable (doesn't come loose) and more easily adjustable compared to racemaster.  

• 4 weeks later...

Block digs in leg, but more importantly the design of the of the hangar block..on my gun, my Go-Guns thumb rest rubs/interfers going into the holster and coming out on draw...it's a no go design for me and a wasted $260 bucks..I'm going back to my old race master..

On 6/25/2017 at 8:06 PM, falconpilot said:

Are you guys not having problems of your thumb rest not clearing hangar block?

My thumb rest is rubbing the holster and marring the finish, but it's not binding.  I may just take a file to it and knock down the area where it's rubbing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2017 at 3:03 PM, bcp said:

Anyone switched from Guga Ribas to the Alpha-X?  How would you compare the 2?

I made the switch and I prefer the alpha X due to the all metal construction. I was always too nervous about over tightening the holster adjustments on the gouge ribas holster so it  was easy to bump the holster out of adjustment. 

I like the Alpha-X.  My go gun did not clear, so I just ground off the left bottom edge to make a big radius.  Works just as well and clears the holster.  I sill use my Race Master for Steel Challenge.  I didn't like it for USPSA because the leg pad rubbed a seam on my tactical pants and made my thigh sore.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any adjustment to the holster? I bought one but haven't used it yet because the pistol has some play in it. If I insert the gun and shake the holster the gun moves on three axis. It doesn't fall out but it sure isn't what I would call rock solid and is going to cause holster wear on the trigger guard. Is this normal? This is with a CZ TSO.

52 minutes ago, adamge said:

858, did you get the TSO insert?  The is a specific one for that gun, it is different from the TS insert.  There shouldn't be much if any play.

Yes, the insert says Tactical Sport Orange. 

• 3 weeks later...

Update on the movement issue: DAA said some pistols have movement because of the trigger guard shape and production variation. The suggested the Racemaster muzzle support which the Alpha-X is tapped for. After installing the muzzle support almost all of the play is gone. The draw is also more consistent. The side benefit is the muzzle is protected from being pushed when starting seated.

• 4 weeks later...
Update on the movement issue: DAA said some pistols have movement because of the trigger guard shape and production variation. The suggested the Racemaster muzzle support which the Alpha-X is tapped for. After installing the muzzle support almost all of the play is gone. The draw is also more consistent. The side benefit is the muzzle is protected from being pushed when starting seated.
Do you mind share a picture.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

If I missed it “sorry” but could someone tell me what insert this takes for the CK arms steel grips ?  No selection for that model in the drop-down box.  Thanks 

I used to use a Ghost "The One", very nice piece of kit, but decided to try out the Alpha X. what can I say? The difference is like night and day. I absolutely love the Alpha X - What I especially like is the ability to angle the muzzle out, away from my leg (gun comes up straighter for me that way). It's important to pair it with a stiff belt and I strongly advise using the extended ball joint which puts the gun a few mm further away from your leg (still within IPSC rules).