Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brass hits red dot

AHI

Have a G34 with slide ride red dot milled into slide. Brass hits sight . Vortex replaced sight under warranty. (busted glass) Slide is a Wolf . Have replaced ejector and extractor. Incresed power factor from 130ish to 140 ish. Any ideas on what to do next.

Well my kid had the exact same issue, but with a Docter dot, on a G17 and also with his other G17 that has a Dueck mount and DeltaPro. Both are relatively new Gen 3 guns, with OEM springs, although I never had this issue with my older 2 pin G17's running Trijicon Red Dots.  The fix was to put in an Apex extractor. You can see how far to the right the new extractor throws it. He is also showing that with the Apex the brass goes up and out, not down the chute, as with an OEM Glock when the magazine is out. 2nd video is him running my old 2 pin G17. 

older 2 pin G17

Edited by 9x45

8 minutes ago, 9x45 said:

Well my kid had the exact same issue, but with a Docter dot, on a G17 and also with his other G17 that has a Dueck mount and DeltaPro. Both are relatively new Gen 3 guns, with OEM springs, although I never had this issue with my older 2 pin G17's running Trijicon Red Dots.  The fix was to put in an Apex extractor. You can see how far to the right the new extractor throws it. He is also showing that with the Apex the brass goes up and out, not down the chute, as with an OEM Glock when the magazine is out. 2nd video is him running my old 2 pin G17. 

older 2 pin G17

Whoa, hold on there.....YOU HAVE A KID??? 

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2016 at 7:26 AM, rstandley said:

I had to lower the ejection port about 1/8 inch, brass runs out at 3:00 now.

How does lowering the ejection port help with it?  I thought that only helped when the red dot was mounted on the frame.

1911/2011 ejector tuning works on Glocks also.

File the ejector so 2/3rds of the way up (towards the Top) is the only place that hits the brass. That will make it eject toward 2-2:30 and avoid hitting your slide if it is, which if it is should have some brass signature on it.

Just a thought

The ejected brass would hit the top of the cutout and caused it to tumble out. It would got over my head or hit me in the forehead. Lowering the cutout help to direct it away. Tuning the ejector as jcc7x7 described will also help. I put a radius on the lower side of my ejector. The ejector port should have a brass mark showing where the ejected brass is hitting. Having someone do a HD video will help show the path the brass is taking. Most cell phones can do this, go pro.  

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, hdultra said:

Probably don't want to hear this, but if you increase the powder charge a little more you will definitely eject further.  It's all a give and take.

Reduce recoil spring weight

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Watched the video many times .  The fix is the rear sight in front of the dot sight. Say what you will this is the only way .  Have a 35mos that has been back to Glock and its going back again with same issue. I am not alone with this issue.