Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

John Blackstone Cleveland,Ohio

jjw

we lost a good man  Friday. cancer finally caught up with him. john was my friend for 30+yr.   he took it like the man he was.  met him when I started shooting ipsc in 1985 in akron ohio. just after I moved here from TEXAS. he was using a sparks  belt slide for a 1911. knew he had his stuff wrapped tight. we traveled together to ipsc matches. started i.d.p.a. with him as Hackathorn lived just down the road. both our i.d.p.a. numbers  under a-200.  took him to his 1st n.t.i.  went to check in.  no checks. paid for him. made plenty of money working on the rail road,  but  had no credit cards. told him in the "new world" he had to have some to travel.  1 month later he showed me a gold amex and several others.  L.O.L.. 2nd time in his life he was on a plane to gunsite, when n.t.i. was out there. made 7-8 of them.     always had a xmas dinner together a few days before xmas.  him, me, my wife. he always had xmas day with a life long friend. had a party for him last xmas . all the old guys from the old defunct club.  made if for him but told every 1,"it was a xmas   party." some  will know him most wont. had no relatives. wanted people to know what a fine man/friend I lost.  tks

don't know what else to say.  just NO BADS IN THE BOY. 69yrs old. same month. 2 years younger. . 2 knarly old guys who liked guns

jjw

Edited by jjw