Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I bought that "Dry Fire Mag"

CarlB86

I'm a very new USPSA shooter. Just never really thought I had the resources or availability of matches. Anyway, shot my first match about 2 months ago and got classed in C Production.

Unable to spend every waking minute at the range I was trying to do more dry fire practice. This is something that I have done for years, but poorly. Just practicing trigger breaks, index and reloads. Never under the pressure of a timer.

After reading Ben Stoeger's book on dry fire he mentioned getting the slide out of battery for Glock dryfire. Eureka! I had never thought of doing that to allow multiple "shots". However, the "feel" was just odd to me. Somehow I discovered this dry fire mag on google after searching. The price was high, but decided it was cheaper than bullets.

Geocities website here: http://dryfiremag.com/

I've been using it for a few weeks now and can honestly say I recommend this for Glock shooters. It is extremely close to a Glock trigger break and more useful than the spongy out of battery method to me.

8 hours ago, CarlB86 said:

I'm a very new USPSA shooter. Just never really thought I had the resources or availability of matches. Anyway, shot my first match about 2 months ago and got classed in C Production.

Unable to spend every waking minute at the range I was trying to do more dry fire practice. This is something that I have done for years, but poorly. Just practicing trigger breaks, index and reloads. Never under the pressure of a timer.

After reading Ben Stoeger's book on dry fire he mentioned getting the slide out of battery for Glock dryfire. Eureka! I had never thought of doing that to allow multiple "shots". However, the "feel" was just odd to me. Somehow I discovered this dry fire mag on google after searching. The price was high, but decided it was cheaper than bullets.

Geocities website here: http://dryfiremag.com/

I've been using it for a few weeks now and can honestly say I recommend this for Glock shooters. It is extremely close to a Glock trigger break and more useful than the spongy out of battery method to me.

Awesome. Thanks for doing the Video. Did they at least put some weight on it.

12 hours ago, bigtimelarry said:

Awesome. Thanks for doing the Video. Did they at least put some weight on it.

It does have weight from the "chassis", springs, and other bits that make this thing up. I'll weigh it tonight for you and compare to an unloaded and production loaded mag.

What would you say is the pull weight of the break?

Seems super light from the video...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After I got mine, which was arround November and paying the $99.00.  A friend of mine got one arround Christmas and the guy was running a sale $50.00, I was so pissed I sent the guy an email asking if I could get the sale price because I sent him a customer and it was so close to Christmas.  I never got a reply.  It is pricey but what isn't in our sport.  I looked at quite a few different systems, but all of the others involved taking the gun apart and installing, but then you could do reloads.  On his website he mentions Vogel using it.  I sent Bob an email asking him if it worked and was worth it, he said it was so that was good enough for me.  

12 hours ago, Doug* said:

What would you say is the pull weight of the break?

Seems super light from the video...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a gauge, but it is heavier than my OEM (-) connector. Feels almost like a stock connector, except the break isn't quite as crisp.

I'm glad I came across this thread, I will be picking up my first glock this Sunday and this looks like it will a great product for me to practice my dry firing with. I picked up the dry fire target kit from Ben Stoeger. I'm really wanting to put more time into practice this winter.

Got mine in last week.  Great tool to practice with.  Been shooting low left with my 19.  With the mag I was able play around with my finger placement figure out how much finger I should  have the the trigger.

I requested a 4lb pull but the mag also has limited amount of adjustment for pull weight and pre travel 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2016 at 0:24 AM, SWHlctx said:

Well, after reading the thread I just had to have one. Ordered it the other day and got a nice email back today asking what kind of trigger I have, pull weight, etc. Looking forward to putting it to work.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.