Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA Membership

chuckstur

Our club is not making anyone join anything, and the bulk of the shooters at the IDPA matches are newer shooters the are just trying to learn how to shoot. I would say if 25 people show up at a match 10 or so are Idpa members, although the match directer dose encourage people to join.

Edited by floater

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personal story, I found action shooting of a Google search. I shot an IDPA match as my first match after the USPSA club said I didn't have enough mags to shoot one of their matches. (3 ten round mags) So before I shot that first IDPA match I found their website and read the whole rule book, before my first match. I saw the rule and told myself, "If I like it I'll have to join after this first match as it's a rule".

So on my own I saw this, and did join after my first match. No one mentioned it, no one asked about it. In my case I joined on my own, right away because I read the rule book on my own early on. I don't think very many people new do this...................

• 1 month later...
Most people learn the shooting rules one PE at a time.  Administrative rules not at all unless enforced like the place I mentioned above.   

I think the current arc of rule changes this will continue to change to the point of safety rules will be enforced but otherwise shoot the targets as you see them.

I used to be an IDPA MD and the safety briefs got to be painful trying to layout the tac sequence / tac priority / reload rules to the same questions of “why- seems dumb”. Thankfully they have eased that burden some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk