Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Bar Nose Profiles

DVC247

JoeD is about the only guy talking about the nose of these trigger bars. Pay attention when he does. ;)

He talks about the different angles that come as stock. And, I think he can speak on altering them, as well.

It is not something for the everyday do-it-yourself'er. Changing the angle can/will lengthen the trigger pull...perhap too far.

Most gunsmiths/trigger tuners are not aware that there are different nose profiles. The short profile will yield a shorter, but heavier pull. One can modify the profile to where a 5 # connector will have just as light a pull as an unmodified trigger bar and 3.5 connector.

The bottom bar is the short nose and top is long nose.

post-1058-1115767364_thumb.jpg

I gave the guys on Glock Talk a trigger job hint. Might as well do the same here. One can get a Glock trigger pull under 1 lb. with a little work. I don't like them that light. A short, crisp 1 1/4 lb. works for me. You will have to figure out the rest.

post-1058-1115768126_thumb.jpg

Joe,

If I am not mistaken...

1. You like to use Glock brand connectors

2. You like the feel of a 5 pound connector...

3. while modifying the nose of the trigger bar..

4. such that the angle of attack is lessened..

5. yiedling a pull similar to that of a standard 3.5# connector and and unmodified nose on the trigger bar.

(so far so good?)

A1. The next question is why?

A2. Do you get a quicker break (less uptake)? If, so...does that also mean that the stiker is being drawn back a shorter distance...possibly resulting is a less heavy hit on the primer?

A3. Less/more over-travel? Or, does over-travel not enter into the equation at this point?

I see it Joe... You drilled out the blind pin they use for the trigger and moved it.... I had thought about trying this a couple of times... I have a couple of spare trigger bars laying around. I might have to do it.. My favorite combo is the lower angle on the nose with a stock trigger return spring, rp striker spring and a 8lb connector, and a slightly modified trigger bar, yields right around 2.5lb trigger. The 8lb connector seems much crisper to me than the 3.5 which feels vague to me.....

A question for you Joe... Do you drill all of the way through the trigger or are you just drilling a blind hole and pinning it... Any and all info would be much appreciated...

Here's some of the answers.

My favorite connector is the old Glock Works 3.5. Company went out of business so I now use the Glock 3.5.

The 5 Glock can be used as is to yield a shorter, but slightly heavier pull.

I just did the altered nose and 5 connector to see if it would work. This combo works well for folks with small hands as the release point is at the end of the pull. There is a slight amount of stacking with the 5 connector, but some folks like this feel.

There are many combinations of pin location, nose profile and connectors that can be used. It all depends on how the customer wants his trigger to feel. The trigger can be set to release and reset toward the front, mid or rear of the pull. I have average size hands. I do not use the short reset method. I am more of a Rob Leatham full release kind of shooter. I like my trigger release and reset to be at the mid way point.

Never had any light primer strikes.

You guys will have to figure out how to do the rest. I have a drawer full of ruined bars and triggers that I generated while developing my triggers.

One other hint, I do not use a screw or block to reduce the take up travel.

I've felt Joe's triggers an they're great. He can vary the trigger feel based on your preferences.

Joe - I want the shortest reset possible. I currently have a very short reset with a Ghost Rocket 5 lbs connector (with the overtravel stop). I would like you to match it up with a trigger bar though.

Thanks!

Cy