Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does this type of competition exist...

LocoGringo

The type of competition I'm wondering about would be a mix of 2-gun (pistol/rifle) or maybe 3-gun if guns can be pre-staged rather than carried the entire time and an obstacle course.  Does that type of competition exist anywhere? 

I've seen where there are competitions that mix 2-gun and a 5K race which might be close. 

If you want multi-gun run and gun plus real running what you want is the Ironman 3-gun although I don't know the actual amount of running that will be done. The Ironman East 3-gun is the first weekend in Oct. at PNTC near Inwood, WV. Also US Carbine Assoc. 2-gun matches do more running that most 3-gun matches. They hold club matches of that at PNTC monthly also. Not sure if that is what you are looking for.

Thanks for the replies. 

I was talking with a buddy yesterday and I misunderstood him apparently.  He wants to START an obstacle course/2-gun or 3-gun type match.  I'm not exactly sure what he's thinking since he hasn't attended any competition matches, but he asked me if that type of match exists locally since he knows I do quite a bit of 3-gun.  I know of nothing like that within a 2 hour radius of Knoxville and really don't know if anything like that exists. 

photoracer, I know of the MGM Ironman East competition you're talking about as I hope to shoot it next year.  I think he wants more physical obstacles involved, but I need to pick his brain to really find out what he's thinking about.  I know he's an avid crossfitter, so maybe he's thinking about something like American Ninja Warrior mixed with some shooting...who knows.  I need to get more info from him. 

That was probably the Nightforce Precision Tactical 2-Rifle match at the NRA Whittington Center near Raton, NM. 2 man teams going all over the terrain of Northern New Mexico's Whittington Center. They also have the Rocky Mountain 3-gun and the 24 Hour Sniper Challenge at that place. All except the RM3G involve natural terrain shooting at all stages, some at night.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2016 at 5:47 PM, photoracer said:

That was probably the Nightforce Precision Tactical 2-Rifle match at the NRA Whittington Center near Raton, NM. 2 man teams going all over the terrain of Northern New Mexico's Whittington Center. They also have the Rocky Mountain 3-gun and the 24 Hour Sniper Challenge at that place. All except the RM3G involve natural terrain shooting at all stages, some at night.

That's the one. 

Since you're close by, isn't the 2-gun match run at Peacemaker something similar to what this guy is asking about?