Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite optic for PCC

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the magnification always 1:1 on all red dot sights? 

Some optics seem to have a different field of view than others...  A Holosun 510c seems to show a wider view of the shooting area than a C-More RTS2 for instance...  Is this just because it's a bigger piece of glass?

42 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

Is the magnification always 1:1 on all red dot sights? 

Some optics seem to have a different field of view than others...  A Holosun 510c seems to show a wider view of the shooting area than a C-More RTS2 for instance...  Is this just because it's a bigger piece of glass?

Bigger the window, the bigger the field of view 

So far I have used:
Sig Romeo 4B ( sent back under warranty)
Trijicon MRO 
Trijicon TR21 1.25-4X  Green triangle retical 
 Burris MTAC 1-4X Balistic CQ retical 

A lot more than happy with Vortex Viper and 6 MOA dot on a Scorpion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update have been using Vortex UH-1's on my 2 MPX's since Aug 2017 for USPSA... after trying all of the following optics from my stash:

Sig Romeo 4B ( sent back under warranty mount is absolute garbage)

Trijicon MRO 

Trijicon TR21 1.25-4X  Green triangle retical 

Burris MTAC 1-4X Balistic CQ retical 

S&B Short  Dot 1-4X CQB

EoTech EXPS 2 T Dot

Leupold LCO

UH-1 and a CMR-206 green laser is my go 2 setup for USPSA, I  still use the EXPS 2 T Dot with a 3X magnifier in PCC only matches that add 50-200Yrd targets.

I still have all of the optics (except the Romeo 4B & MTAC) on other 5.56mm, 7.62mm and 6.8mm carbines it was nice to be able to swap things around to experiment in the 1st year of PCC.

• 3 weeks later...

I am the OP of this gigantic thread.  ?

Just as an FYI, I went with the C-More 8 MOA and loved it.  Except that anything that bumped the optic would shift its zero.

I went to the Leupold LCO and absolutely love it.  Huge field of view, great battery life, small 1 MOA dot, very BRIGHT dot to overcome the smallness of the dot, very ergonomic controls, holds zero, etc..  But I imagine that the cost of this optic turns a lot of guys off.

On 8/30/2016 at 3:06 PM, davsco said:

with most open guns running cmore's, including mine, that's what i chose for my PCC and i'm happy with my choice.  i got the "tactical" version which has a 1/8" spacer or thereabouts so it sits slightly higher giving me a good cheekweld.

Yeper, yeper

Op,

if you ever try another optic try the Holosum 510c. 

I have used:

Aimpoint micros

Aimpoint comp M4

Luepold micro

Sig Micro

two different Vortex micros (Still use one on a PCC)

and Eotechs

The Holosun 510c is very fast and has an extremely large FOV. I only run the dot

8 hours ago, Tan40 said:

Op,

if you ever try another optic try the Holosum 510c. 

I have used:

Aimpoint micros

Aimpoint comp M4

Luepold micro

Sig Micro

two different Vortex micros (Still use one on a PCC)

and Eotechs

The Holosun 510c is very fast and has an extremely large FOV. I only run the dot

Is the 510c off amazon going to be the same as the one if I were to order it from opticsplanet?

I'm getting really tired of my cmore's zero changing ;(.

1 minute ago, jtrump said:

Is the 510c off amazon going to be the same as the one if I were to order it from opticsplanet?

It should be. 

4 minutes ago, jtrump said:

No reason for it to not be.  I've gotten lucky buying them off of eBay on sale plus eBay has been having a bunch of discounts lately. I paid 229 for my last one.

Edited by alvinsmith75
5 hours ago, STIboy said:

Manual mode and circle dot.  Occasionally I have to shoot from under cover on a bright day - auto just won't cut it in those conditions - and manual normally seems to be brighter than auto.

That's kind of the impression I got when testing it indoors last night and looking out the window.   I'm so use to just a dot,  I feel like the circle dot may be to busy for me, or I can just adjust to it with rounds down range ^_^.