Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite optic for PCC

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has been all about PCC in USPSA.

Now I see 3 Gun Nation has included PCC in the mix.

Jesse Tischauser posted YouTube  video  of the Arkansas 3GN Championship shooting his PCC with possibly a Vortex riflescope.  One stage had some  longer range steel (maybe 100 yards) that looked like the scope would be the best optic.  Other  stages could have been run with a Cmore.

So who out there runs a scope full time?  Or how many switch out their  red dots for scopes and back depending on the match?

I started with a Burris Fullfield Tac 30 1-4.  Reticle was not daylight bright.   With the PCC I dont recall ever using any magnification in matches.   Had an issue with one match shooting steel targets - Match director has some Steel IPSC targets with 4" Head target over the shoulder that he painted black.  The black reticle did not stand out against the black target.

Sold my Tac30 and got a Aimpoint PRO.  So far I really like it.  Lighter, clear glass, effective for intended use

USPSA PCC

Steel Matches

On 11/1/2016 at 5:22 PM, Flatland Shooter said:

Will you use that variable for USPSA  matches too?

So far I have used:

Sig Romeo 4B ( sent back under warranty)

Trijicon MRO 

Trijicon TR21 1.25-4X  Green triangle retical 

Burris MTAC 1-4X Balistic CQ retical 

I am staying with the MTAC 1-4X, I have used the magnification on:

CM 99-40 Partial People Eaters

CM 99-09 Long Range Standards

And on a stage ware shooter had a choice of using 3 different boxes for a target array ( 20yd, 50yd or 75yd). The Balistic CQ  recital works the best  for me across all the target engagement ranges we have in USPSA, and allows me to sometimes run a stage different than I could with just a dot. 

Arrrgh... 13 bucks for Cmore to ship the $10 TSK.... :angry:

Anyway, I went ahead and put the regular railway sight on the gun to see just how "too low" it was.... and it actually was just about perfect.  I'm just going to go try it as is, I think moving it any higher would mess up my cheek weld.

11 hours ago, dcloudy777 said:

Anyway, I went ahead and put the regular railway sight on the gun to see just how "too low" it was.... and it actually was just about perfect.  I'm just going to go try it as is, I think moving it any higher would mess up my cheek weld.

I ordered mine without the spacer and I think its perfect. I guess everyone's cheek weld is different by the regular railway works for me.

On 11/8/2016 at 8:17 PM, dcloudy777 said:

The spacer is nothing more than a molded piece of plastic that is approximately 0.180" x 0.700" x 4.59" and has a couple of longer screws to accommodate the added thickness of the spacer.  A little creativity and a trip to Ace Hardware would work also, plus you could tailor the height.   13 bucks shipping for something that could go into a padded mailer is kind of steep. 

Having said that the c-more TRW version with the added height from the spacer works well for me.   

• 4 weeks later...

To all you cmore guys, have you tried using something like a vortex razor red dot?  I was originally going to go with a tube dot like the trijicon mro with the 2 moa dot. After doing a lot of reading the 2moa dot seems to be a bad choice for uspsa competition. I can get a good deal on vortex products so I started looking at the razor red dot with a 6 moa dot. I'm just a little concerned the lense will be too small compared to a cmore.