Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite optic for PCC

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't ordered one yet, but I'm thinking about trying one of the Holosuns with the circle dot reticle. I haven't tried one before but am interested to see how that reticle compares to a regular dot like I'm used to. I think the circle dot reticle should work well for USPSA. 

That's what I'm running, really good so far. 65MOA circle for full targets, dot zeroed at 25m. I might swap out my AR-1X for one on my 5.56 gun I like it so much.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, diablodawg said:

That's what I'm running, really good so far. 65MOA circle for full targets, dot zeroed at 25m. I might swap out my AR-1X for one on my 5.56 gun I like it so much.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Good to hear. I ordered one last night from Joe Bob Outfitters. 25% off with code "HOLO" and free shipping plus a free t shirt if you add it to your cart :)

I'm looking forward to trying it out. 

Trijicon MRO love it! The MRO has lived on my Akdals (which are scope killers) just fine and now on the PCC.

Just bought a Holsum and was not impressed with the dot at all. When looking at the dot it looks split and not a nice crisp circle. I guess you get what you pay for. 

I just switched out the Vortex SPARC for a Vortex Spitfire 1x (2032 battery)... not crazy about the concentric circles and small center dot, but the ability to fine focus is a tremendous advantage for my astigmatism... will give it a try... always have the Trijicon reflex for a back up option

On 9/14/2016 at 10:19 AM, OPENB said:

I just swapped out my PA micro for a C-more w/ 8 MOA dot. I like it a lot better. Better field of view, less obstruction around the lens.

Not a big fan of Cmores. I have them on my open pistols and constantly have to check zero before big matches. The adjustments are course as well. That and they are fragile. Just my opinion. Much prefer my PA Micros on a long gun.

Pat

2 minutes ago, Alaskapopo said:

Not a big fan of Cmores. I have them on my open pistols and constantly have to check zero before big matches. The adjustments are course as well. That and they are fragile. Just my opinion. Much prefer my PA Micros on a long gun.

Pat

You have bad cmores then. I have never re zeroed either of mine unless I removed them for some reason.

The PA micro was a solid sight, but I found I prefer the view thru the Cmore on my PCC. I wouldn't feel "under-geared" with either. And if I was starting from scratch, I don't know if I'd spend $209 for a Cmore over $89 for the PA. Both are excellent choices. 

On 9/15/2016 at 4:22 PM, Sarge said:

You have bad cmores then. I have never re zeroed either of mine unless I removed them for some reason.

Yea but I know I am not the only one as one of my best friends has had the same experience. On pistols I still use them until I get the funds set aside for something better. As a rifle sight hate them.  In fairness for the short ranges in PCC they will work as good as they do on an open gun just check the zero before serious matches.

Pat