Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EasyHit PXS1000

BoyGlock

Make double sure that you are putting it far up enough on the rib.  Mine is now rock solid.  Also, they do sell a mount for putting in a more traditional red dot type position on top of the action.  Again though, if I were going to do that it would be hard not to want to go Cmore.  

Mine has really been great as a fun shooting sight.  I can clear a plate rack super fast and then put a slug on the gong without slowing down and go straight to clays from that.  Before, I would have had to really change my stance and such ( again though, I'm not a skilled shotgunner)

Pete the screws are more than enough high into the rib because of elevation adjustment. Im hitting a bit high initially so had to up the sight body. In fact the screws ate a bit into the upper corner of the rib. Maybe I should mount it lower so theres some space for the screw to bite on and see if I can still hit and fell steel targets on Modified choke with #6/7 birdshots? 

The sight picture is really awesome with a center dot and bigger outer ring that i feel it also helped me shoot and hit 8" plates faster than my usual out to 25y. Its a big waste of potentials if this mounting problem cannot be overcome ☹️

I re-mounted the pxs in my sx3 2" forward of previous location. This time its on the ventilated part of the rib so I let the set screws bite on the lower edge of the rib to have better traction. I will test it this afternoon. Hopefully it holds and shoots on target. ?

I think you'll be fine now.  The confusing part can be that it looks like it's got good clearance from the forcing cone on the outer edge but can still be contacting it where it's hard to see.  Putting it over the ventilated section makes darned sure you're in the clear!  Mine continues to be rock solid now.  I've put several hundreds of rounds through it in just the last week or so and it was great.  Plate racks are quick work!

• 1 month later...

Mine is at a little over 800 rounds since correcting how I mounted it.  About 80 of those were slugs.  No problems.  Zeroing is a bit of a struggle when changing between slug loads.  It is not a good sight for someone who will do a lot of slug work with differing slugs.  It has worked great for me and my intended purposes though.  This is just a quick clip but gives you an idea of how easy I can see the dot at speed.  None of these shots were pulled until the center dot was on the plate (although I did pull the last shot a little low)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-RHq1Y1pQI

Thanks for the compliment!  Yeah, I can see some daylight underneath the rear of the mount and that's exactly the way I mounted mine at first too.  Seems like we both learned the hard way.  Nice shotgun!

Have you noticed that distance you are away from the sight changes the size of the ring on the glass?  I don't really have any practical application for that, but thought it was interesting.

15 minutes ago, Pistolpete9 said:

Have you noticed that distance you are away from the sight changes the size of the ring on the glass?  I don't really have any practical application for that, but thought it was interesting.

Like this one vs the pic above

IMG_2125.JPG

• 6 months later...

After some 3gn matches, I noticed one problem I could not or simply would not want to resolve. The sight is mounted a bit high so its zeroed at a fixed distance and aiming on closer targets I have to aim above the target and on farther targets I need to aim lower. In fast paced shooting like ours its easy to miss on such situations. After missing some as close as 3-5y in matches, I tend to lose confidence on my sight picture, wandering if such would make a hit or not. I replaced it with the Easyhit Champion fo front sight and loo and behold! I can shoot better and faster without any second guessing my hits. So the fo front sight stays. 

• 8 months later...

Put my PXS in my 1301C and its almost dead on! POI just about 4” high of POA at 30y and dead on at 7y. Good enough for me. I also noticed its the only red dot thats low enough to let me have a decent cheek weld due to 1301 ergo AND equally important, has reliability I could count on with its non electronic set up. 

Been training with it for some time now and in a couple of days will shoot it in an ipsc level 3 match and see how it fares. 

Honestly, if they made this type of sight with a picatinny mount and had windage and elevation adjustments, I'd much prefer this to a C-more, Fastfire, etc.  The simplicity is pure genius, but the company needs to figure out what they have on their hands and adapt accordingly.  Throw a little LED under the the rod and then you have a "tactical" model.

Lots of potential with this thing though.

2 hours ago, Pistolpete9 said:

Honestly, if they made this type of sight with a picatinny mount and had windage and elevation adjustments, I'd much prefer this to a C-more, Fastfire, etc.  The simplicity is pure genius, but the company needs to figure out what they have on their hands and adapt accordingly.  Throw a little LED under the the rod and then you have a "tactical" model.

Lots of potential with this thing though.

They have a separate mount for a picatinny now but Im a bit on the fence because it might raise the sight to compromise cheek weld w/c to me is part of my aiming system. 

Agree that this sight has great potentials and I also prefer it over those electronic ones. No batteries no wires to loosen contacts no switches much less things to worry. 

Finished 17 gruelling IPSC stages in the hot tropical sun last weekend and the PXS performed flawlessly except in a 40y popper activator that took me 5 shots to hit with a slug. But my prime suspect was me coz other stages’ targets afterwards had good hits. But Will check zero later to be very sure. 

• 2 weeks later...

After some tests w/ the slugs, seemed my zero is wandering. No barrel clamp. Checked the mounting, its solid. But could it shift a tiny bit w/ slug heavy recoil? could different chokes type and or brands have different POIs? Beretta and Briley IC chokes hit differently from my same 1301c with same ammo. Also holding the gun inconsistently, say different pressures on shoulder, cheek and grip between shots, could have different POIs? When I focused on such pressure points to be consistent between shots, my hits had very good grouping.

Edited by BoyGlock

• 2 weeks later...

Have a new pxs2000, the latest version of pxs1000, on my Win sx3. Zeroed w/ slugs yesterday. Amazed me how easily this combo got zeroed vs that 1000 in my 1301c. Groupings were very consistent so adjustments were easily reflected on poi. Choke was LM. Afterwards shot it w/ 7.5 birdshot w/ IC choke on steel plates from midrange slow and at speed and never missed a single shot. This left me thinking of my 1301C performance. Was it the gun or the pxs?

After some musing and putting a cmore slideride on the 1301c I could conclude w/ fair certainty that it was on the pxs1000. W/ the cmore the hits were grouping tight and consistently. I emailed easyhit and it replied immediately that it will replace my pxs1000 with a new one if I would return it to them. And thats without any question asked. So off it went.