Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HK45C Shooting Minor

MJPLEO

Hello All,

So, forever tinkering with reloads I wanted a .45 ACP minor load using Clays for my HK45c.  No special reason why other than just because.  The 45c has a very stout recoil spring so anything below 3.6 or 3.7 grains of Clays wouldn't cycle reliably at all.  I decided to pull the recoil spring assembly from my P2000 in .40 and put it in the 45c.  Viola, shoots minor like a champ, 100% reliable at 3.6 grains of Clays with 230gr Zero bullets.  Might be able to go lower but I don't see the need.  I'll put it over Chrono later this week but I'm guessing right around 140-145ish PF.  I just like those big holes when shooting IDPA or USPSA...

I think I'll drop the RSA from my P30L into my HK45 next and see if it runs the same.  

Anyway, don't try this at home...but if you do please post your results.  

Thanks,

Matt

I shot .".45 minor" for a couple years.  I liked the big holes too.  Always stretched to the next highest ring.  I was shooting 185's with 4.3ish of Bullseye.  I'd still be shooting it but it came down to pure economics.  You get a lot more bang for your buck buying 125's.  Had good results with 4.2 of TG too..