Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet starting too low on ramp?

jbarnett50

• 3 weeks later...

My CK had pretty much the exact same issue.  I'm pretty close to Freedom Gunworks, so I mailed the gun on Saturday, he got it on Monday, reworked the feed ramp some, and it was back in my hands on Tuesday.  Gun has been 100% since.  I still have no idea whether the issue was with my mags/ammo, or with the gun.  I listened to Bobby run about 40 rounds through it on the phone with no jams using his mags and ammo.   Either way... he was still willing to work on the feed ramp for me and got the gun back to me the next day.  The gun has been perfect since with all of my mags and with any ammo I tried.   GREAT customer service!

Take the bullets out of the mag and insert the mag into the gun. Look down and see if the mag is hitting the barrel ramp. This was the same thing that my CK was doing to me, and I guess its happen to a bunch of CK people if there's three of us on here that had the problem. The feed ramp needs to be cleaned up a little. I sent my barrel back to Matt and he fixed it up with no issues anymore. 

On 9/3/2016 at 6:57 PM, jbarnett50 said:

Thanks.  Matt tweaked my feed ramp, but I haven't been able to test it in a match. Great customer service!

If the feeding problem persists, i'd change your mag springs.  I had this exact issue on a different gun and changing my mag springs solved the problem.  

• 2 weeks later...

The MBX springs go bad really fast. I had some go bad after around 1k rounds, so I switched to Taran followers and springs. You will lose a round with this setup unless you also switch to the Taran 7g pads, it requires some very slight filing of the mbx tubes to make them fit. I haven't had a single mag issue since I started using this setup.

• 4 weeks later...