Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Briley Triggers for Benelli M2 Question

MarcO

I do a pretty good impression of Richard Nickson and a passable William Clinton. They don't make the trigger better, but it usually leaves them laughing. ;)

Edited by kurtm

Got the trigger pack back from Briley and its awesome. Trigger breaks at 3.5lbs, short take up and no overtravel. Its the best Benelli trigger ive felt and ive tried TTI, Salient and C-Rums.

• 10 months later...

Just spoke to Briley, they refuse to send the trigger to me directly. They insist it is not a "drop in part" and the tolerances are too tight. When I gently pushed them further, they said it's actually a liability issue as the manufacturer of the trigger. In a world of triggers which are sent directly to the customer (ie. Geissele, Timney, American Gold, Trigger Tech, etc.) it is highly inconvenient to have to send in your trigger group. Briley seems to have a winning product in a truly match grade trigger for Benelli's (and other Semi-Auto shotguns), but a losing sales and distribution policy. Highly disappointed in Briley as I would have bought one of their triggers in a heart beat. Since I have matches nearly every weekend for the next 4-5 months, I'll forgo the Briley trigger. 

On 6/14/2017 at 0:43 PM, IFlynn said:

Just spoke to Briley, they refuse to send the trigger to me directly. They insist it is not a "drop in part" and the tolerances are too tight. When I gently pushed them further, they said it's actually a liability issue as the manufacturer of the trigger. In a world of triggers which are sent directly to the customer (ie. Geissele, Timney, American Gold, Trigger Tech, etc.) it is highly inconvenient to have to send in your trigger group. Briley seems to have a winning product in a truly match grade trigger for Benelli's (and other Semi-Auto shotguns), but a losing sales and distribution policy. Highly disappointed in Briley as I would have bought one of their triggers in a heart beat. Since I have matches nearly every weekend for the next 4-5 months, I'll forgo the Briley trigger. 

Its not a drop in like the aforementioned triggers.  I got mine back pretty quick.  

On 6/14/2017 at 11:43 AM, IFlynn said:

Geissele, Timney, American Trigger, and all the other trigger pack makers control their own tolerances. Briley has to clean up what Benelli gave them. Good call on their part.

• 2 weeks later...