Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 NSSF World Rimfire Championship

Mark R

2016 National Shooting Sports Foundation Rimfire Challenge World Championship Match

The NSSF Rimfire Challenge World Championship is a culmination of State level matches held across the nation, throughout the year. The Rimfire Challenge is a .22 rifle and pistol program created to introduce new people to the shooting sports and provide a pathway to shooting competition. The NSSF Rimfire Challenge can provide individuals or families with a fun and exciting first-time shooting experience.

Dates: Saturday, 15 OCT – Sunday, 16 OCT. Side Matches are conducted on Friday, 14OCT.

373 Ambush Trail
Woodville, Alabama 35776

Match: 16 (8 rifle stages, 8 pistol stages) Stages of Rimfire shooting in a Speed Steel format; Two divisions, Open and Limited with Mechanical and Cowboy categories, as well as 10 age and gender categories. Trophies are awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishes in all divisions and categories.

Registration: Registration will open 1-2 months out from match date, will be notified on this thread, and will be available on Practiscore.com. Match fee will be $75 per division. Preregistration payment on Practiscore will incur a $4 fee bring the total match fee to $79 per division. Match staff will shoot for $50 and they will not be required to preregister on Practiscore.

Expectations: 300-350 of the best Rimfire Shooters are expected this year; 200 spectators; and 80 staff are expected to attend. The NSSF Rimfire Challenge World Championship has grown into the premier Rimfire event in the Nation.

Sponsorships: Sponsorships are available to companies, as well as individuals, at various levels. Sponsors can present cash or prizes for the prize table. The prize table is random draw, so that all shooters have equal access to the prize table. There will be two prize table draws, first is general prizes, then all names go back into a pot and another draw for guns.

Sponsorship forms available...PM MarkR on this forum thread and I'll ensure you get the required forms.

Range map attached.

post-15700-0-32750700-1466599302_thumb.j

post-15700-0-18231700-1466599314_thumb.j

Edited by Mark R

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You stated $75 per gun, so 1 shooter in open class with rifle and pistol will be $150 ??

Will there not be a reduced Junior fee ?

WOW

Edited by Dad

You stated $75 per gun, so 1 shooter in open class with rifle and pistol will be $150 ??

Will there not be a reduced Junior fee ?

WOW

Good catch...that's what I get while typing before thinking.

Sorry for the confusion...$75 for 1 division...while using 2 guns.

Not sure about the junior fee...will talk to range owners and MD.

Edited by Mark R

We had this discussion about the prize table with NSSF on here last year. The NSSF wanted random so more of the less skilled shooters would want to come. We talked them into keeping order of finish for last year at least. I was not betting they would keep it for this year. At the regional just last week they did the 2 separate draw method. Everything but the guns first plus awards, then a separate draw for the guns. Ended up getting early enough in the first draw to get ammo, in my case a brick of Rem 9mm while my bud Mike got up earlier for a Rem Bucket o' Bullets.

Are we going to be able to enter both Open and Limited this year? Or just one division like usual?

Are we going to be able to enter both Open and Limited this year? Or just one division like usual?

I think the plan is to allow both if you want, but pay the same fee for each.

Isn't their currently or formally in the NSSF rules that if both divisions are allowed at a world championship that Open has to be shot first? It's been a couple of years since they had a WV with some shooting both Open and Limited

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

I won't finish well enough to worry about order of finish prizes. Vacation is approved and motel reservations made. I'll shoot a revolver.

Couple match motels would be great. I tried to use my points for a room and it was blocked. I'd guess something is going on in the area that weekend.

If you are going to help as staff/RO/scorekeepers, do not pre-register on Practiscore. Send in the hardcopy form. Practiscore pre-registration will only accept 1 price. Staff will shoot for $50 and will shoot the match the Sunday before the main match.

Mailed in registration for me and wife. Looking forward shooting there again.

Glad you enjoyed the State Match Ed. We thought it ran pretty good...hope the World goes the same. See ya there!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok I checked the current NSSF rules, whether they really apply or not.

If shooting 2 divisions Open must be shot first before Limited or any mechanical division. If 2 complete days Open must be shot on the first day. If shooting both divisions in the same squad (meaning across 2 days if that is the format) then the Open firearm has to be shot first.

Current rules say prize table for World Championship is order of finish not random draw.

Edited by photoracer