Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 5 --any wheels planning to go?

I'm considering hitting A5 in August--but it's always more fun when there is healthy competition in the division. Anybody else planning to campaign a revo there this year?

I am told they are down to Friday only, but haven't confirmed that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Only 4 revolvers this year.  Not enough for any sort of recognition, apparently.  

Excellent stages, though.  It was a very challenging match.  Tons of hardcover. 

Edited by Carmoney

• 4 months later...

No prize, no plaque.....and they couldn't even be bothered to list the Revolver Division winner in the Front Sight article.   

No respect.  But frankly, with only four competitors who were willing to run the wheel at Area 5, it's hard to blame them.  

+1 with Carmoney. I "won" the 2010 Fla State USPSA Revo but with only 6 entrants we didn't even get mentioned at the awards meeting. I understand the match directors' position but it sure takes the fun out of it. Between vacation days, gas, hotel, food, increased match fees, etc there are more rewarding things to blow my money on than donating it to a select few. I haven't been back and don't plan to. Just my sour grapes. YRMV  :angry:      

Ah, yes .... there is that. Especially when you can add FAT (or fluffy) to the description "fat old man". It seems to make their pain sting a bit more.  :D  Unfortunately it's not enough to offset the time, effort or expense, at least not in my case. Guess I'm officially a curmudgeon. Now if I can just grow the over the top eyebrows I'll have something.

buckaroo45

Naval Aviator

NRA Life and Benefactor

USPSA  FY63917

• 9 months later...

95% gonna make Area 5 in 2018, and probably bring a buddy with me that will shoot revo, so there's 2 more. Gotta get organized early! We shoot their weird 3gun match up there and really like the location, so we'll make the 2 hour drive. Not so bad really. Never shot a USPSA match up there though (or a USPSA match in general, yet.)